Thank you

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by normaljoe, Jan 28, 2013.

1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

It has not been long, and although I do not post a lot I visit the site frequently. As I was on Google it made me remember the day I first came to this website. I sat staring at an....."object"...just thinking how easy it would be to commit suicide since I was alone in my room. that they wouldn't find me until the next morning. Afraid of the pain i started to look for easier ways and stumbled across this site. I was taken back by such a large community of people who feel same pain I feel. It has not cured my depression nor do I expect it to, but it has bought me time and when I had good days i thought would never come, to be able to experience them was indescribable, for that I am thankful. this was the website that stopped my suicide attempt.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Words can't describe how I feel about what you wrote. Especially your last sentence, I'm am so very happy for you :)
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

How wonderful of a post...these types of experiences makes me want to do more work...thank you so much
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun always here ok for when you need us hugs
  5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

It's kind and loving words like yours that keep all of us going. They show us that it's worth every small effort someone makes to lighten the burden of those who are still walking through the dark night of the soul. As sure as houses, for all of us there eventually comes this:

There’s light at the end of the tunnel.
    There’s calm at the end of the storm.
    There’s rest at the end of life’s journey,
    And a hearth that is welcome and warm.

There’s a Star on the top of the mountain,
    You can touch when the last crag is scaled.
    There’s a certain reward for the faithful,
    At the point where they think they have failed.

There’s spring at the end of each winter
    And behind the black cloud, there is blue.
    There’s a song at the heart of all sorrow
    And happiness waiting for you.

Patience Strong

Keep on keeping on!