Thank you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Alonenlonely, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alonenlonely

Alonenlonely Active Member

I am very grateful to have found this site today. I desperately needed to "talk" to someone today and I was able to do that with several ppl on here today. If you have offered me advice, responded to a post I wrote, or gave me a virtual hug and said hello, it is greatly appreciated. I am now considering seeking help. I was totally against it previously because I didn't think I could ever tell another human being my true feelings about life and myself. I think I may be able to do that now. I truly hope that one day I can say I wouldn't consider taking my own life as an option.

2. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Hey there, its great that you are doing better, and the people here are truely amazing. Noone understands the pain we feel until they feel it themselves and they apologise unreservedely for their ignorance.

3. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Oh and pm me anytime you need it hun

4. Alonenlonely

Rookie, there are wonderful people here. I just needed someone to tell how I truly feel for once and to get some of this pressure off of my mind. People here do not prejudge or make you feel like you are wrong for simply expressing how you feel.

5. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Exactly, when i found this site, i was scared, alone and confused, wondering why a 20 year old male with high intellect and a good socioeconomic background and his physical health has a right to be depressed.
    That was my rationalisation anyway, but I soon learned that my experience wasn't my own, our experience is shared, our pain is shared.
    Its then that I realised, if im in pain then im definitely not alone

6. Alonenlonely

Rookie, if nothing else, it feels good to know we are not alone in feeling like we do. It is easy to feel like we are though, because like I do every day, we mask it behind it with smiles, and I had a great weekend. I will have to do that tomorrow when I go to work...at least now, I have this forum to come to once I'm home.

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm so glad to hear that you are considering seeking help. I really hope that it will help you :hug:

8. Alonenlonely

witty sarcasm, there has to be a way to get better....I'd rather get better, if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.