Thank you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brokenheart, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenheart

brokenheart Member

Today started out as the usual dismal day. Bad weather, alone and just sad. I miss my daughter and the usual. It is father's day and I miss spending the day with her.

I work at home and spend a lot of lonely days here. My only solace is a nice flat screen TV that I bought about two months ago. cable is supposed to be included in my lease and it has never worked. It has been an ongoing battle with my landlord.

This morning I went to put in a DVD that I had watched about 100 times when my TV blew. A bad day just got worse. I sat in the quiet and reflected on all of the bad things that have happened and my old friend "suicide" came creeping back into my mind. I spent the morning and most of the afternoon trying to stay alive.

Later in the afternoon I decided to take the TV back and see if the store would do something. Their return policy was 14 days and I couldn't afford a new one but I decided to get off my butt and try. I brought it back and of course the person behind the counter just shook her head.

I asked to speak to the manager and he agreed to give me store credit to get another TV. I was pleased and surprised. I went back picked out another TV. The one I had before was only a 26" flat screen but because of the father's day sales I was able to get a 42" flat screen and it was $80.00 less and the manager gave me cash.

I learned a valuable lesson today. Don't give up. I wanted to share something positive with all of you because most of my posts have been terrible. Perhaps this is a turn around point in my life. I wanted to thank this forum for helping me, especially WildCherry. You all saved my life and I wanted you all to know how much I appreciated it.

OH, and when I got home and and hooked up the TV, my cable worked. It was the TV all along. 100 channels strong.

I smiled today. It was an alien feeling for me but I think there is hope for me.

I know it is a small thing that happened today but it was positive and I needed it. Thank you all again. It is good to know there is someplace to turn when you need it.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Happy to hear you managed to turn the day around! :hug: Good things come from persistence such as 42" flat screens! :biggrin: Encouraging post. :smile:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

*hugs* That's awesome. I'm so glad your day ended on a better note than it started. You deserve to smile, and you needed something positive to happen to you.

And that sounds like a HUGE TV, LOL!! :) Yay for finally having Cable. I think I'd slowly lose my mind if I didn't have Cable!

I hope things keep improving for you. No matter how big or small a positive step is, it's still a step in the right direction.

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm so glad your day got better :) Take care :hug:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great turnout :) I'm glad your day had a good ending :D

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am so glad that things worked out for you today. Sometimes it is the little things that can really make a difference inour lives. Sometimes we overlook them with our deep sadness. I hope tomorrow is good as well. :hug:

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh for you for being persistant and getting a much deserved reward. It is nice to hear sometimes good things happen thanks

8. Xenta

Xenta Well-Known Member

:biggrin::biggrin:

9. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I am so happy for you. My television is very important to me too, hope your having a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.