Thank you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BornFree, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Sorry, can't do this anymore...

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

please tell us whats rong :(

3. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

:hug:

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Talk to us? X

5. BornFree

I'm sorry I just don't know what to say anymore... I can't see a way through this time. I can't fix this.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Can you get out of the house, so that you can be safe? Maybe stay with a friend or relative? Maybe you need medical intervention? X

7. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Hi Ditsy,
    I had a quick read of your other thread to see the background to your situation. Firstly...YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!!! There's nothing for you 'to fix'. You've suffered an assault from someone who should have been protecting you and it's echoing what happened in your childhood.
    No one is going to take your children away from you so don't be worrying about that. You do need time to get well though and in all honesty as much as you love your husband, you need time away from him to heal. There's not just the recent assault for you to contend with, you also have the whole childhood thing to come to terms with too.
    You must open up with a professional. I know it's hard and I know that it's scary but its the only way that you're going to get well.
    I think you should consider going to a refuge. You'll be able to take the children with you and they will discuss all the various options available to you. Again, I know this is hard but you must think about the future and what effect your decisions will have on your children.
    Please pm me if you need to talk, I understand the childhood abuse bit as I went through that too. Sending hugs xxxx

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Don't give up Ditsy. :hug:

9. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

Ditsy, I'm sure there are mental health professionals that specialize in this kind of thing. I am under the impression that therapy can be very helpful in dealing with traumas. You need to open up and get help. Good luck... Hang in there. Best wishes.

10. BornFree

Thank you xxx

I'm such an idiot, not brave enough to do the refuge. Crisis Team just left, he asked... and I was so on the verge of saying something then he asked another question and I just wasn't brave enough to say anything.

It's like I freeze and sit cowering on the sofa on the verge of tears and powerless to say anything!!!!
    So now they're going to ring and see about discharge from Crisis Team. How do I explain... and for what... it would be better if I wasn't here anyway.
    I just can't anymore I have nothing left!

11. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Can anyone else talk to the Crisis team for you? You're in the middle of crisis so its not surprising that you can't talk. It doesn't make you an idiot or a coward, it just means that you're ill and this is one of the symptoms.
    Take some deep breaths and try to calm your nerves. it won't be better if you're not there, it will be worse. It will be better when you begin to get better and with the right meds and counselling, you will get better.
    You owe it to both yourself and your children to try.
    Why don't you try ringing a refuge and asking to talk to someone? You don't have to go there, you can just talk on the phone and tell them how you feel. It doesn't have to be anything more than a conversation. I think that you will find it a lot easier to talk to a woman (no disrespect to men, this is just because of your personal situation)
    Sending hugs and I'm online for another 30 mins if you want to pm me.
    xxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.