Thanking you guys + Seeking advice

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by crystalclear, Mar 30, 2015.

1. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

Hi! First of all, I would like to say thank you. :) I've only really posted a few threads here seeking you guys' help and they were a long time ago. You guys literally saved me. Years ago I lost count on how may times I felt the need to end it all and how many times I felt like I was a worthless piece of shite. I was so stressed out with school, graduating, finding a job and having body issues. Reading your posts and advice really made me feel better and also maybe, my posting here and leaving encouraging messages for other people helped me in some ways as well.

I admit, nothing is going well in my life right now. I quit my job after Christmas last year and I still can't find a new one. I am currently free loading at my parents and I hate it. I hate being stuck at home. I hate asking my parents to provide for me. I'm a grown ass woman and I still can't do anything right. There are times when they are starting to rub my free loading in my face. I'm the type of person who falls into an existential crisis after being stagnant for a long time. Don't worry, I no longer have the urge to kill myself (I've changed in that area). But I still feel so worthless. I feel empty. I feel useless. There's nothing I can do right now, I've sent applications after applications. I feel worse because I think I got rejected to the company that I really liked. What do I do? Any advice?

I've talked to a few of my friends about this problem as well. At first they were supportive and giving me encouragement trying to cheer me up. But lately when I open up the "job hunting" topic they will now tend to brush me off and answer in one-liners. I'm afraid I might have sounded whiny and somehow pissed them off. :( Help

2. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

I am glad that you have found help here. I am sorry that things in your life are not going so hot for you. They most likely do not truly understand what you are going through; for outsiders can be easy to mistake this kind of helplessness as laziness whereas that it farthest from the truth. I can relate to what you are feeling when it comes to staying with the parents despite our age. Two of my friends are in their second and first years of grad school and I am still living at home with my parents without a job or occupation to call my own. Mentally, the idea of supporting myself is overwhelming and not a little frightening. I hope that things get better for you and that your friends and family can see what you are going through without prejudice and give you the support you need.