Thanks for having me

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Luciddreams, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luciddreams

Luciddreams New Member

Name is Chase. I've always been that person to talk to, and shoulder to cry on for other people throughout my life. But it's ironic in a way... the one person I can't seem to help is myself. I would like to continue to help other people, in here, if I can. And who knows, some of it may just come full circle in the process. Just helping other people makes me feel better about myself anyway. I currently reside near Harrisburg, PA, but I'm rarely in one place for long. Don't hesitate to PM me to get to know me, if you so wish. And thanks again : )
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

your help is much welcome! and much help and support is given in return
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Lucid hi and welcome..have some the same issues as you.. Can help others freely in lots of cases can't do the same for myself..

Is getting better some now..met some good nice ppl on here that take me just the way I am.. Get support abpnd caring from these ppl..

Lucid, maybe you can make some good friends here also..little at a time gets big soon..

Look around the place some at own speed.. Get any questions please let us know..later, Jim
  4. SillyKitty

SillyKitty Member

Just wanted to say welcome :) we look forward to getting to know you :)
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Chase, welcome to SF! That's great that you want to help and be there for others (I'm the same way), but remember that you deserve the help and support from others, too. Sometimes it's good to put yourself first. It's something I'm slowly learning.
  6. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

Hi Lucid, nice to meet you. Witty is exactly right.... sometimes it is good (and even necessary) to put yourself first. I am the same as you, I like to help others... sometimes I even find that in helping others, I help myself too... but always the act of helping another gives me a good feeling that helps me to feel better. I am slowly learning to try to help myself too but I still feel very guilty about it when I do.... it appears many of us are going through that, maybe we can help each other to figure it out.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your help and support is much appreciated here, welcome to the forums!
  8. S u r i

S u r i Member

Hey there. "Sometimes, the person making everyone happy is the most loneliest." Just a quote I remember from a friend's facebook post. Just know that, everyone needs someone's shoulder to cry on. Even the people whose shoulders are cried upon. We're here for ya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.