Thanks to all

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Wow, I can´t really explain how much all the words of support meant to me last week when i published a message. Nevertheless, I can´t carry on. Today I met with 2 doctors and a nurse since the meds they are giving me seem not to be helping and I am terribly suicidal. They agred not to send me to a hospital so I was permitted to go home. I am planning to kill myself tonight. I have the means, I have been collecting them for several weeks.
    Thanks to all those of you who encouraged me to stay. But I have to say goodbye.

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

If they sent you home you are obvisouly holding back on telling them the truth. How do you expect to be helped if you can't be honest with them. Try being honest with them. The meds may not be working for a number of reasons 1) that you have not given them time as they can take a while. 2) It may be that you are getting side effects from the meds that they make you feel worse in the first 2-8 weeks of taking them 3) they may not make you feel better as they are not the right meds to be on. If you have not been honest with the HCP's then how do they know which meds to put you on or which direction to take with your therapy etc?

Maybe try calling the crisis team. Flush what you have so that you are not tempted and get some help. OD's very rarely work. They are not peaceful or painless ways to go. Generally you will be found before they can do permanent damage and you will end up having to go to hospital etc.

So please re-think it.

xxx

3. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Thanks for your words, But if you take a lot and mix them with alcohol, you die, right?

4. GoldenPsych

Nope. You just fuck up your organs causing you lots of pain. Seriously. ODing not pleasant and will not work!

5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

goldenpsych is right you dont die you get alot of drips into you its not nice !

6. GoldenPsych

And the sickness. I never puked so much. I was forcing water down just so I could sick it back up. Treated like crap and in loads of pain as of muscles from being sick so much.

7. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

ah yes the dreaded coffee granule colour sick yep terrible

8. GoldenPsych

And no one cares. You are there feeling like you are dying - which is ironic really since you did it to die but the pain makes it so bad you just want it to stop. I was lucky I never caused serious organ damage in my attempts. The ones more recently have been smaller and I think they were more self harm than attempts. But I just remember sitting there on the hospital bed with a sick bowl on the table. Leaning over it, heaving heaving and heaving. Tears streaming down my face, not being able to breathe and basically being ignored. Awful memories!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.