Thanks to the Members

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by NYJmpMaster, Mar 1, 2016.

1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I wanted to thank the many people that donated to SF last month. The donations allowed for the repair of the site after the hack, plus covered the majority of costs of the new additions of the articles and home page to give more resources, and the expanded presence on Twitter and Facebook to enable us to reach more people and make it easier for more people that need help to find us.

One outreach post got 31 likes and 13 shares and was seen by 2959 people resulting it over 500 visits to the article Does Talking Really Help and we now have over 1100 followers on the SF Twitter account. What does that matter? The idea is that we can make it easier for people that are looking for support to find us and to be able to give and receive support.

The donations that help pay the monthly fees means that money that was being spent before just to keep the site going, can now be used to make other improvements or add new features to the site (like the home page and articles resources – and the ability for members to have their own blogs if they wanted to publish their own blog from the site) and a faster, better server. On the list for other improvements is to add back the arcade games in some version as a useful and popular distraction for members. If anybody has other features they would like to be considered please feel free to message us so they can be considered.

Thank you to all the SF Supporters, as well as the ones that asked to donate anonymously. This thanks is also extended to all that contributed simply by being here on the forums and in chat to make the community better and more supportive. While the donations are greatly appreciated, there are many ways to contribute, as evidenced by the many volunteers that have stepped forward to help in all aspects of running the site, and the members that simply post and chat and by being here make SF a place where those in need can find help, support, and friendship.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I would like to add my thanks to this - the people who so generously donate (anonymously or otherwise) make it possible to help the literally thousands of members who come here every month for help, as well as all the non members who come along and read a few posts and articles but are not in a place they are ready to engage/talk at that time. I think that it is easy to forget the many thousands of people every month who come to SF and are helped even though they are not members.

Thank you so much, from myself but also on behalf of the thousands of 'un-named' people you help and the hundreds of lives you save.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you everyone who has participated by volunteering your time to help others in their darkest hours, donated to keep SF running smoothly, our writers, all of our members who are here supporting and helping people day in and day out. Remember just welcoming someone can make a huge difference to someone in distress, making them feel welcome and understood!

Thank you all!!!