Thankyou and keep fighting everyone

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by patacake, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone

This is the first thread ive made that isnt a reply to someone elses !!
    Iwas hoping to find the part which is where u can say something nice about someone on the site..... but seeing that i cant im doing it here.:blink:

Here goes ...... I cant say a great deal about me because sadly that is a skill im yet to master , my life would have been an awful lot easier if i couldve said more about 'me' but there we go , anyway ...:sad:

About 8 months ago my dear and trusted true life friend Done That first introduced me to this site as somewhere she was finding very supportive and helpful.... I am ashamed to say that I prejudged the situation and tried to steer her clear of it out of my own ignorance and fear .:unsure:

I wish to say today that I was wrong when im wrong i like to say so, I was too scared to explore the positive input the site and everyone who seeks and offers support here could be. Donethat and I , its fair to say have shared many ups downs and tragedys some that have nearly dragged us so far down we could nt get up and I failed at that stage to see that coming here would ease it all for her or indeed for me. But that said despite my anguish and concern as my friend I respected her choice to come and appreciated the people she referred to as 'friends' as the time went by.:smile:

Anyway quite by chance a month ago a very strange thing happened which led me to here and I joined not expecting quite what I ve found (im not totally sure what I thought it would be like but i feared encountering pro type attitudes)...........:mellow:
    Quite the contrary I have found people who like myself find strength to aid others in the times of darkness that almost see every light extinguished and others who also like myself still want to laugh and have fun even when life seems pretty damn hopeless.:smile:

Thankyou to you all for the welcome here , there are so many that I have come to know via chat I am reluctant to name names as I really feel I direct this at all chatters especially the ones around between 10pm - 7am my usual visiting times so please eceryone accept this as a generic thanks.

To mention just a few that have touched my heart for many reasons over the past month and lent me or someone else a little extra time when they needed it :smile:

Joey - my great buddy *hug
    Ari - sweetness *hug
    Diver200 - my mate *hug
    Sam - Strength *hug
    Andrea - Caring *hug
    Nagasia - Kind *hug
    Bo , minion , testify , discarded , out of the picture , forever scarred , abacus, anonymous, carol2237 , the lonely one , jayswiz , hammock , resistance , nonsense and so many others *hug to each and every one and to anyone I did not mention im sorry :wink::blink:

Keep strong and safe and keep fighting u r all so worth it !!!!!!!!!

And finally but not least to my great friend with whom many days have started dark for either one of us and ended lighter simply because we made them with grit and determination Done That - thankyou my treasured friend always *hug

oooops sorry ive gone on a bit , for anyone that actually read this far dont worry i wont be posting very often lol

Best Hugs Jo alias Patacake xxx

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I wish you the same! You never know what's going to happen in the future if you give yourself a chance to experience it. It's not only the past that denotes the future, it's your attitude on the present. You are kind and caring, and I hope that those qualities are returned to you, genuinely and even more so.

3. blue542

blue542 Staff Alumni

It's really nice to see a thread like this where someone isn't saying goodbye at the end. Thanks for that! You've made my day!

4. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

*huggles that patacake* Love you too sweety. I hope you are finding the help here that you came for :)

Caroline

5. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Thats was such a nice thread and so are you :smile:
    Patacake you cant even write without taking a break lol

Seriously though you have been complementary to others and left yourself out "as usual" !!

So im going to post something very honest now but also very true

Patacake and i as she said have been to hell and back for lots of reason especially in the last 4 years
    I would not be here without her she has always come when a real crisis has hit .
    She was there supporting my devestated son when i took my first OD , she never passed judgement and was there in my corner even when i wasnt fully concious demanding the drs do as she would want.
    My son and Patacak have a very close bond as a result he is very grateful to her and she tried to give him a little understanding as to why and reasurrance that he was loved.
    My other boys are equally as fond of her.
    I remember another time in that period of time when i was totally beside myself desperately wanting to OD and she came to find me sat on my kitchen floor totally in bits and challenging her wish for me to stay, she again stayed and contacted the crisis team, even came to appointments with me.

I could say so much more but ill leave it here for now perhaps share more later.
    But i will say Patacake thank you for life!!! without you i would not have got this far, you to are a true and trusted friend and you to need support as life is pretty rough for you right now, so all those that know patacake here can we support her to as she will focus only on supporting others

Take care my friend and thank you for the kind words see you soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  6. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

im so glad you both have each other and have found more support in the forum.
    you sound like wonderful people, i hope i will have the chance to get to know you both too
    :hug:

7. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Thanks Diluted I do to
    take care hugs

8. patacake

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww thanks every 1

*hug

9. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

ty patacake for being a true strong friend to donethat..really glad you two have been there for eachother :flowers::hug:

10. patacake

thanks andy but believe me donethat is very easy to love *hug

Keep Safe xx

11. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

Jo,

I want to thank you so much for including me in the list of friends. I'm honored and touched. I too have enjoyed our chats. In fact, you are one I always look for in chat, and I crack a smile when i see you come in. I also thank you for all you've done for me. You were there when i needed you. you were there when i needed you but treated you poorly. I truly thank you for that. I've made my peace with my fate. I don't think there is anything that happens that we can change. I don't think I believe in god anymore, so it isn't that there is a higher power. I just think it is all of our destiny to go, and the manner in which we go is also predestined. I suppose i've always known how I will go, and now it is just a matter of when. But, I'm sorry if I have let you down. I appreciate you. Take care and good luck!

200 rpm!

12. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

jo :hug:

13. patacake

Jasmine ur name was one i should have mentioned u are a friend hun *hug

14. JayLee

JayLee Well-Known Member

Thanks Jo :hug:

You're very sweet

15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thank you Jo for coming to this forum and being a positive source of support for those you have come across. You do not judge people for their weaknesses, but embrace them and take them into your heart. There are a great many people in this community that have been truly blessed by the support they receive from others here. My heart goes out to each and every member as they take the time out from their own suffering in an attempt to make things a little better for someone else. We sometimes forget to share our thanks to others as we struggle from day to day. So to the members of SF that care about each other and have built this into the community it has become, I join Jo in reaching out with heartfelt thanks. Thank you, each and everyone of you. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.