That is just F'g FANTASTIC

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by moxman, Aug 15, 2016.

1. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago I went and saw my psychiatrist at the VA. (Veteran Affairs) He mentioned he would refill my medications and have a fresh batch mailed out to me. I said sounds great. At the time I had plenty of my meds so I was not worried about it.

The website veterans use to track their appointments, order new meds, communicate with their doctors. I noticed I was running kinda low on some of my meds. So I went to the website to check the status of the meds. It said refill in progress, ok they are being refilled and will be here soon.

Tonight I went on the same website to see if they have already been shipped or something I only have a day or two left of them. Nope. Turns out they will not even be filled until 8/20 and that is not counting 3-5 days for delivery. So I am going to run out of 5 of my meds and I have no idea of what is going to happen to my mental health, in the meantime. All because of the damn VA.

I will try to call my psychiatrist tomorrow and see what he says. I know you can not get actual refills at the actual VA that is 20 mins from my home.

I am so pissed.

2. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that they did that! Did they plan on taking you off of the meds? Are they some of your major ones? Do you have a PCP you can go to who can give you a prescription for enough to last you until you get your new batch? Maybe if you call up they can have someone at the VA close to your house get you some from there? I really hope this issue gets resolved soon. It's definitely not good to skip out on meds like that even though I know this is not something you are choosing to do. I hope you are okay.

3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Nope, they are keeping me on my same meds it is just they are going to mail me them to me on 8/20. Plus the 3-5 days for shipping. I am looking at a solid week of god only knows what. The only insurance I have is through the VA, so I am stuck with them and antiquated why of doing things. I see my counselor tomorrow , I may readmit myself back to the hospital. (But you would miss me too much) I am on so many meds now I don't know what they all do. I took my last dose of one tonight, the rest the next day or so then I have no idea of what is going to happen.

Maybe the counselor will have an idea on how to fix this mess. I don't have a clue whats going to happen to me.

Hey turn your chat on, i need to ask you a dumb question

4. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry that's happened to you, that is ridiculous service! It can be very dangerous for some medications to be ceased abruptly with no tapering off period etc. This is a terrible situation you've been put in. Without knowing what your meds are, I would assume it is not safe for you to stay at home, and checking yourself in to the hospital is a good idea if this situation is not sorted out. Best of luck and take care.

5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Good News!!!!!

I was able to get my medicine problem fixed.

The VA is going to enroll me in a Suicide prevention program , so hopefully I will receive more assistance with what I am going through. I talked to my counselor today and I am going to start seeing him every two weeks now because he was worried about me. And he told me that he would have an open door policy with me, I could show up at the VA without an appointment and he would work me in somehow. So that is good. I have a new psychiatrist now and he is supposedly very good. I will meet with him on the 30th and my counselor again. So that is good, I am going to start seeing both of them much more frequently.

DrownedFishOnFire, Deety and Freya like this.