That Pivotal Moment

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

The one moment in your life where, if you handled it differently, you know things would change.

For me it was in junior high school. I was bullied and had a hard time standing up for myself. One time after gym, a bully was harassing me in front of my best friend, forcing me to say some stupid shit. I guess you could use your imagination. So, like an idiot, I repeated the shit like a silly parrot to him. At that time, I would do anything to avoid a fight since I'd been in a couple before. If I was a good sport, I thought, maybe he'd leave me alone. During that moment, my best friend had a very dim view of me, and he eventually turned against me.

So it was him and two of his friends who made life unbearable for me in high school. There's nothing like having frenemies to make your self-image confused and soiled. Looking back, I should've punched that bully square in the face in front of my best friend. That would've strengthened our friendship and we would've had some good times together in high school.

Sometimes it takes violence to gain the respect of friends and strangers alike, especially in school. Unfortunately, I was so avoidant of everything, I retreated into myself. I'm still avoidant of a lot of things today. But due to age and understanding, I've gained clarity and insight into that moment.

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

There's nothing I could have done to end future misery. I blame my mothers, both of them. Because my misfortune is ALL THEIR FAULT and they should feel guilt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.