1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

that time of the month

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by oval, Apr 17, 2011.

1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i havent seen a thread like this here yet and i wondered if anyone wants to share some tips? what helps you? :surrender: :please:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
  2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Being divorced! sorry couldnt help it.

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

not quite what i was expecting but funny :laugh:

4. Mirikun

Mirikun Well-Known Member

I used to have TERRIBLE cramps and nausea in my earlier teens. e we I would literally spend like two days in bed. I:

BUT I think I do have some tips.

1. Contraceptives. I'm not sexually active, but have been on the contraceptive patch for my skin. :) Not only does it make your period very regular and predictable, but it makes everything much less painful.

2. Masturbation. I hate to say this, but it really helps loosen things up haha! Also it's just... Nice, sometimes. :p

5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

hah thank you! :laugh:
    yeah about time to get on contraceptions, i feel like im dying every month.
    btw, hi there fellow german :shake:

6. Mirikun

It's totally worth a try!

And yay, Germans!

Sadly contraceptives are pretty expensive in Germany. I:

7. oval

oval Well-Known Member

oh i know. that and having heard that some gained weight from the pill, made me not wanna get on it. i know there are diffrent kinds so maybe ill get lucky and get the right one right away.
    i used paracetamols (not as a contraceptive lol) but theres gotta be another way to survive besides pain killers

8. Mirikun

Ahh, yeah, I take paracetamol too as a painkiller. I find it very affective!

There are soo many different variations of just the pill, hehh. <3 I didn't want to try it because taking something like that once a day would be difficult for me to remember and such blah blah. The patch (German; Pflaster) is really great. You change it once a week and tadaaa~ All good. I really love it anyway. :)

9. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Being a man helps me

10. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i dont wanna have to depend on pain killers. bc everytime i happend not to have any i was screwed.
    im thinking maybe something like a certain tea, magnesium pills..and the like. i tried a heating pad but that only made it worse :huh:
    maybe theres certain food that would be good :confused:

*jealous* :dry:

11. Mirikun

Also; Hot baths.

Hot baths cure everything. (':

12. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Gaining weight was my No.1 concern and reason for avoiding the pill for AGES, I went and its a very small side effect, I honestly think it may be a myth. but dont hold me to that.
    But the only "weight" i gained was in my bust, and it was alot. not that im complaining now i must say, I like my boobs lol, i just keep them well hidden form prying eyes. that i dont like.
    But the pill (micro-lite was the one i was on) was the only thing to actually stop my pains.
    And ironic this thread is here, I got mine yesterday, and i am DYING from them. Havent been on the pill in about 2-3months. just havent been able to get the prescription. but hopefully next month i will. :)

hot water bottles are me friend during this time. ;)

13. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Advil and chamomile. Hugs and kisses also work.