That's it...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by TiredAndAlone, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've decided.

I'm going to call the GP and book an appointment. I'm going to tell him/her about my depression. I don't like drugs but if that's what it takes, so be it. I can't go on like this. Even if a drug gives me motivation, and nothing else, I'll take it.

This sounds pathetic, but this is a big thing for me. I hate doctors and hospitals. I really hate this time of year, when everyone's happy and excited to be with their friends family. I have no-one.

If I tell him/her that I'm suicidal, will they really keep that confidential?

2. No one gives a shit it seams.

3. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Medication can be a night and day difference. Seriously.

Check out my post in substance abuse, called Life after xanax?

4. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Hey, well done for deciding to get some help! :) I know it's hard, but you're doing the right thing.

That depends. I mean, they aren't going to tell (for example) your family, or anything, but obviously they'll want to refer you for help. But seeing as that's what you're after, I imagine you'd be okay with that...?

5. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

I've started going to therapists and, although it's only been a month and I'm not sure if it's working, they both really seem to like me (In fact, they said so.) It's not always easy to get into that place where you talk about your troubles (and definately not ever fun), but I think I need to do this.

They tell me I'm brave for taking this step. They also say that I'm a good person.

Of course, I haven't told them everything yet. We'll see what happens.

As for medication, they think I should wait to see how talk therapy works. I'm fine with that decision.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Glad to hear it Tired, help is at hand you just need to grab it.

No they cannot break confidentiality and go telling anyone other than other medical staff about your condition. If they do you can sue their arses.

Good luck with all of this, you're doing the right thing :hug: :hug:

7. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

GOOD LUCK for taking this very hard step to go to the doc.

By law, if they fear for your safety or others they do report it or call police. You can always say you do think the thoughts (lie) 2x a week, not often!! and you do not have a plan of action. you just have to explain your pain and signs of symptoms.

TLA

8. But that's not true...:unsure:

9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

:hug: It's fine. As myself and Dev said, they will only share it with other medical staff who they believe can help you. I don't think you should lie.

You are very brave to seek help :smile:. Do it now before you change your mind and end up feeling trapped.

My thoughts are with you. :arms:

10. I couldn't do it :blub:

11. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Oh NO!!!! :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

12. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

WHY??? :confused: what happened? How you feeling now?

The important part was that you thought of going; it is ok to have second or third thoughts. You have to be sure and be ready inside of you. It is scary to admit things to strangers. Plus discuss personal ideas.

Remember, however you decide we do support you....:grouphug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.