That's me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by JobForAVictim, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

In 8th grade, I started to have long strings of bad days. I didn't at the time know why, I thought that I was just in a rut of bad luck. I failed most of my classes, but was allowed to go on to high school. Then it got real bad. I fell into a deep depression and stopped sleeping regularly. I lost that entire year of schooling. I started seeing a counselor and psychiatrist, and they told me I had bipolar disorder. They tried to help me, but at the time I didn't want to be there, and ended up mostly lying my way out of it. I did okay for a couple of years there, but towards the beginning of this year, I had a manic phase, then started to crash again. Now I'm seeing a psychiatrist and therapist again, and they're giving me a bunch of medication, some of which helps and some of which doesn't.

That's me, and there's a highly abridged version of my life.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you chose to seek help and have found some things that work. It takes awhile to find the right combination of meds that work the best for you. You will find many people who have experinced similar things and are more than happy to share experiences with you. I hope you find the support you need here. :hug: