The 4 day work week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Much internet ink of late has been spilled in debating the benefits of a 4-day work week. Well, I'm livin it and lovin it. The previous world ended and a new one began, and in this world, due to still dampened economic activity, I get 3 day weekends. That's why you'll be seeing me around on Fridays talking a lot of shite:)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
@sinking_ship , it's awesome, right?*thumbsup At first I was kind of anxious about it. My depression and overall negativity had me thinking maybe it was the start of me being slowly phased out. But looking objectively at the huge volume of high quality work I produce on a daily basis, that negative narrative just doesn't and can't hold up. It would make no economic sense whatsoever to 'phase me out'. So I figured I might as well relax and enjoy the free time.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I'm actually pretty bad about taking the day OFF actually, because I often have so many meetings on normal work days it's hard to accomplish much. But it often falls on the same weekend as a Monday holiday, and a 4-day weekend is great for a trip.
Individual details and circumstances will of course vary, but I think overall, most people's quality of life would benefit from a 4-day work schedule. The 5 day work week increasingly seems like an anachronism of the early 20th century.

cymbele

SF Supporter
I have the 9/80 work week where I work and while I love every other Friday off I am worn out after 9 hours of work and need a break. 4 10 hour days would be what they go to and I'm not sure I could last 10 hours. From what I understand there is a company with a 4 10 hour schedule nearby but the engineers and management work the 5th day even at a reduced schedule. So you don't gain much.

Dots

Misknown Member
Oh unholy love of hell, I am jealous. I used to work part time at a place that underpaid me and practiced unethical business and now I work full time, am compensated a lot better, have my own office and am probably over appreciated and I still, I still fantasize about returning to my previous job for the 3 day weekends and shorter work days.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Much internet ink of late has been spilled in debating the benefits of a 4-day work week. Well, I'm livin it and lovin it. The previous world ended and a new one began, and in this world, due to still dampened economic activity, I get 3 day weekends. That's why you'll be seeing me around on Fridays talking a lot of shite:)
Glad you got that. I was going to initially say, how about a no day work week. Obvious I need a vacation, oh wait I just had one.

I remember in college weekends started on wednesday nights.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Glad you got that. I was going to initially say, how about a no day work week. Obvious I need a vacation, oh wait I just had one.

I remember in college weekends started on wednesday nights.
So many people I knew in college planned their schedules to have Friday off or an easy day at least, but it seemed like every semester I had a major class that was MWF early mornings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00