The Absurdity of it all....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SadDude87, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Do you ever think about it? I mean, really. This whole situation we are in, this life. It's just crazy. We're organisms who happen to be aware of our own conscienseness. Organisms which are dying and reproducing, one animal amongst millions of others.

Yet we get so wrapped up in tiny issues which affect us personally, and maybe at max 20 people around us. Out of a planet of 6 billion! We let issues, values and morals which have been conditioned into us affect us to the point of wanting out.

It's just insane!

2. Placebo

Placebo Well-Known Member

True.

The best option for anyone is to not care about those imposed morals & conditioning, and live life the way you want. Don't sweat the small things, and live moment to moment.

3. Ire

Ire Guest

I think, somewhere along the evolutionary line, something went HORRIBLY wrong.

We gained self-awareness.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

TRUE. bump this post!

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've thought of it quite often, actually. It makes for good comedy sometimes if you're the type who likes to just sit back and observe the prosaic goings on around you.

I'm convinced most people have no clue how ridiculous their behavior is. Like when people get really upset and fight over the most insanely petty shit imaginable.

On the other hand, once you've realized how truly absurd it all really is, it's hard to get really serious about anything ever again. So it cuts both ways I guess. In the end, I'd rather be one of those clueless drones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.