The adventure continues

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Tecky, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Well fellows, the work adventure continues for me today.

I am just minutes away from going for the first day of my security officer licensing course. It will last the whole of this week and when I get my certificates next week, I will be able to start work as a mall guard or something similar.

What will happen during the course? And will my career as a security officer run smoother than my disastrous week at the office as an administrative assistant?

Watch this thread as my tale unfolds!

2. jam1e

jam1e Guest

Good Luck with it all Tecky!
  3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Being a security officer can be quite lucrative, lots of security people also get involved in PI work, I knew a guy many years ago that did that and told me a little about it.

Good luck with it all ;)
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you are successful. :hug:
  5. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

Good luck!! :hug:
  6. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

So far so good. I find the course to be easy and redundant really, but I suppose some fat cats at the top of the hierarchy need to feel important.

Anyway, I already got myself a firm job offer as a guard for a condominium complex near my flat. Things look good already!

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Thats great news :)
    I hope it all works out well for you.
  8. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Ok, so I passed the course and is now 'licensed' to work in the security industry.

I went to the firm who offered me a job during my course and collected my uniform. Now, I am about to set off for work in like half an hour. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Since last night as I was ironing my uniform, I have been trying to solve a mystery. The mystery of the long sleeved shirt. I was given a long sleeved shirt as part of my uniform and that's a mystery because usually only supervisors wear long sleeved shirt while the ordinary officers wear the short sleeved shirts. So in giving me a long sleeved shirt, are they hinting at anything?

Nevermind, I shall find out shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.