The All-Purpose Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by eagles_fan, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

In here, we just discuss video games and how much fun we have playing them. They're not really a waste of time, but more of a viable source of entertainment. It's good, escapist fun.

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, The World Ends With You, Mirror's Edge, and Hotel Dusk: Room 215 lately. All of them are quite good. :D
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Woooooooo!!!! Videogames!
  3. GreySand

GreySand Member & Antiquities Friend

Just been playing Fallout New Vegas, where all the pre war companies are all about profit and not interested if the final product works..... hmmmmmm, I bought a video game from a company like that about 12 months ago... :)
  4. ZombiePringle

I'm getting excited about MW3. And I played the Beta for BF3. so glad I didn't pre-order that....
  5. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Battlefield 3, I loved the beta. I didn't like the PS3 controls though, the 360 controls were much better. I though the beta, looked slighty better on the 360 too. Looking forward to the Forza 4 demo today also.
  6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Dark Souls is coming out tomorrow. I am looking forward to that.
  7. NiceGuYKC

Ooh!, Dark Souls, I forgot about that. Rage and Forza 4, soon too.
    We're all gonna be broke.
  8. ZombiePringle

haha yes we are... I just paid on 2 of my pre-orders a couple days ago. MW3 (hardened edition) and Assassins Creed Revelations
  9. NiceGuYKC

Pre-ordered Battlefield 3 Limited edition for 360 off amazon, they're offering some exclusive goodies with it. I also ordered, Aliens Infestation for DS, its a metroid like game. It got very good reviews, and I loved Alien 3 on the Megadrive.
  10. eagles_fan

Oh yeah, Aliens: Infestation looks quite good. I'm gonna have to pick that up.

Battlefield 3 I'm interested in, which surprises me because I don't do modern realistic shooters that often.

Also, I completely forgot about this thread. :D Thanks for the replies!
  11. NiceGuYKC

You should give the muliplayer beta a try, its buggy as hell though. But then again it is a beta. I actually spent €2100 on a pc years ago, just for Battlefield 2. Thank god for consoles.
  12. eagles_fan

I'll have to try it on 360 then. Even then I have to buy a new hard drive.
  13. Xscapeply

Xscapeply Well-Known Member

*sneaks in to resurrect thread*

I figured this could be an appropriate place to ask: when do you consider a game "finished"? Is there such as a definite answer to it?

'Cause someone I talked to started bitching at me when I mentioned I beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations last week, saying I hadn't if it wasn't 100% completed, and I'm like... I played it. Watched the ending. The story is over. Only a few side missions remain, and again, the main story is fucking over.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  14. NiceGuYKC

Once you've seen the end credits then you've finished the game. Well thats what I believe and all my game loving buddies do.

I'm so addicted to Battlefield 3 again, thanks to the"Back to Karkland" map pack. Just got a brand new 40" Samsung tv and my PS3 and 360 games are a joy to behold on it.
  15. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Games have no end as such, at least most modern ones. I have finished Borderlands but not done all the missions, and love to pop back to Pandora for some shooting and looting.
  16. Nomekop

Nomekop New Member

Anyone play Blade and Soul? Its in beta but has a private server. should check it out. Its a pretty good MMO.
  17. NiceGuYKC

I'm not a big fan of MMO's, but I'm going to try the Star Trek one that's going freemium soon.

I still have a huge backlog of games to get through too. Must finish some in time for the release of Bioshock Infinite.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.