The anchor of life

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mootoo, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mootoo

Mootoo New Member

What always got my attention was when people say something along the lines of "I stay alive for my children/family etc." - now I happen to have ended up in a situation in which I live alone, having had to abandon my family due to abuse, and since my life always had these chaotic vicissitudes of nonsense and dysfunctionality I barely have any acquaintances, much less lifelong close friends. I have no one and nothing to live for, and I often feel apathetic towards any risks, although so far none have proved to be fatal.

So, if I decide to be consistent and rational according to how many people feel... then surely hanging on to life is idiotic, right? In fact, many try to dissuade suicidal people by telling them that it will be hard on their family and friends... but if one has none, then by that logic is suicide the ideal option?

Just idle thoughts on my mind.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun suicide is never an option Depression it is hard hun but get help to treat it okay You can find new friends go out join an activity that will bring you contact with people Taking ones life when one does not really know what future will bring them is never the right option Getting help getting support hun reach out okay get some for you
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I hope you focus that energy on finding there are many people who can relate to what you have written, and it only takes one person to make the journey less alone...J
  4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

You're in my thoughts. :hug: Sending hugs your way from a reader.....Mr. A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.