The Anti-Christ Cru...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by titanic, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I'm unsure what the joke is, Dawkins is demonstrably real. We have books that are known to have come into existence recently, we have only one human claiming to be the author, we have a load of videos, interviews, appearances and etc. to know he's there and nobody else has claimed they're their work. By this token I say Richard Dawkins exists.

For the bible I have no living authors, no living descendants of the authors known, no reliable record of the author, no reliable record of edits the books have received over time, I have reliable information telling me the book has been translates many times and is thus suspect as translations are never perfect, and I also have multiple claims of authorship from different people.

Were I interview all of Dawkin's friends and coworkers independently I'd get all of them telling me the same story of who he is even though all of them experienced him separately and they didn't all get together and coordinate their story beforehand; by this token I can fairly infer Dawkins exists and is one human being they all met.

If I interview a bunch of people that believe in God, even if they all believe in the Christian God, and ask them about what he is and other properties they will give me different stories about him. From this I infer that, even if there are Gods, all these people are talking to different Gods. None of them seem able to corroborate the other's idea of God.

Furthermore we see the tradition of Christian videos on youtube is continued in this video; all comments are disabled.

3. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I just cried laughing! Oh my God!

You realize Edward current is a satiricist?! You can see ON HIS OWN PROFILE that his videos belong to a playlist called 'Best of Edward Current Satires'.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZlRNu3f-qY

From his "About me"

My religion videos are comedies. I am not a Christian. Through the medium of humor, I try to challenge people to question their beliefs and assumptions so that collectively, we can find ways to accept the world "as is" — that personal purpose and meaning from beyond are *not* behind every event, as many wish were the case. In the 21st century, reasonable, realistic, intelligent people admit that chance is chance, life is finite, and some things are simply unknown. Insecure, conflicted people pump each other up with heartwarming stories that promise comprehensive answers and eternal life...provided you do as you're told.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

7. Raven

Raven Guest

8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Heh heh. You said noodley appendage. Heh heh.

:later:

9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

just to clarify for those who dont know, edward current is an atheist..his videos are parodies and satire religion/christianity.

EDIT I just realize titanic that you are a christian...lol too funny ...using an atheists video as an argument for god....lol but your not alone in that mistake tho...some of his comments left on his page are from atheists that are mad at him and they didnt realize he was an atheist himself...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  10. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

So we're the anti-Christ crew? That's pretty asinine. Besides, we're not necessarily attacking your religion. We're putting out objective flaws and contradictions, and demanding answers that you have yet to confront and/or provide.

The fact that you weren't even aware that this video was actually mocking your own beliefs validates the point I made in our other thread: that you rely too much on secondary sources you don't even understand to speak on your behalf. If you can't even explain your own strongly held convictions yourself, how do you even know they are right?

11. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I think this video here reinforces your point:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELBd_vYy1Mc&feature=related

12. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yet your 'book' first decided to slap the "YER GOIN' TA HELL!" on various people? I'm not one to be childish but well.....you started it. :)

Um...WHAT? LOL. I really have no idea if that's ment to be extremely ironic or what.....

A christian calling an athiest 'delusional'? I think that says something.

13. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

15. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

16. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

17. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

My problem with Christianity is how Christians try to force it down everyones throat and claim the moral highground.

Also, the fact that ppl can deny reality and scientific proof and believe silly fairy tales and creation myths without a second thought is really disturbing.

To want to honestly teach man and dinosaur lived together, and humans were poof created and Women grew out of adams planted rib, or that the earth is six thousand years old. To actually want these things taught as science. Are you friggin kidding me?

Yes, anyone who believes that a man rounded up two of every living thing and the entire earth was flooded, or that women grew out of planted rib etc etc .... To believe these things as literal facts is absolutely insane.

And anyone who wants to teach these fairy tales as science..... should be scorned.

Also, it seems to me that most Christians are conservatives.

And in general, conservatism is the opposite of what Jesus taught. (as a liberal progressive I am a big fan of what Jesus preached)

Conservatives do not like the poor or those unable to help themselves. They hate welfare. They are often racist and classist. And very very pro war.

Also, Christians seem to use their religion to justify everything from racism to war, to slavery to incest.

Also, many Christians seem hellbent on turning America into a theocracy.

Also, the way many Christians hate and attack gay people is sickening.

Also the Christians who say dont go to the doctor or get a blood transfusion. This is crazy

So yeah..... Christianity these days is F'd up

And tbh, I think Christianity gets off easy. Especially these multimillionaire televangelists and crooked right wing mega churches.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  18. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

19. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

i'm sorry, titanic. i don't think you can expect anything less from a public forum. if you want to get respect from the majority, you'll have to visit theistic forums. but even there you will be "attacked". the Anti-Christ Crusaders have infiltrated everywhere! don't feel bad, you'll have the last laugh as we all burn in hell.

20. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Umm, WWJD? Who gives a fuck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.