the Ashton Kutcher generation

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I curse the generation who calls things emo, gay, and "pwnd". I call them the Ashton Kutcher generation. They contribute nothing and their heads are empty trashcans.

Music is emotional. But that's like calling oxygen air. And these shallow fucks are so obsessed over their sexuality, they have two categories to live in -- gay and straight. Their definition of homosexuality: Anyone caught reading a book, eating fruits and vegetables, ignoring sports, and spending quiet time alone.

These materialistic fuckwads are also obsessed with status. The oppressed, victimized, and marginalized are called "pwnd". Wow. How inventive. Let them have their gangsta bling and jerk off to military aircraft. We gotta sterilize any female who's about to give birth to more of these pseudo-macho, homophobic, status worshiping fucktards before it's too late.
  2. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Is there any particular point that is supposed to be debated here? That is what the soap box is for after all, this sounds like ignorant ranting to me :unsure:
  3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Well time will pass and what was popular today will be dead tomorrow.

Just give it a decade or so.... before you know it, society will change.
  4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If you missed the point, then you didn't read my post, and I'm not going to spell it out for you. And what's wrong with a little ranting now and then? That's what the soap box is for.
  5. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

6. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

No it wont, people will be dicks till the end of time.
    Every generation is the Ashton Kutcher generation.
  7. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

The definition of the Soap box - "Post here if you want to write about and start serious discussions on any topic.

There is a specially designated section of the forums that is dedicated to rants and such, which is where you should have made this thread.

I did read your post, I read this thread expecting there to be something to discuss, which is why I pointed this out in the first place.

As was said before, the Soap Box is dedicated to bringing up subjects and sharing your opinions and theories on them. It is not to just spout out inane, pretentious sentances and then refuse to elaborate. That is just plain rudeness.
  8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Wow, did someone offend you or something? That's the biggest generalization I've seen in a while. I don't know how you can classify an ENTIRE generation of people into a few sentences, but hey, whatever makes you feel better.
  9. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

I think what you're getting at is something like,

"These kids of today..."

And the implication is that you're now an old fart. Sorry.
  10. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Hey, it might be a blessing in disguise. Nothing gets better till it hits rock bottom, so we must be most of the way there by now, right? :smile:
  11. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

About 70% of Soap box threads fall into this category.

Someone point me to the time when people were wise, compassionate, and just so I can contrast it to the modern era of ignorance and corruption. you have the entire range of history to choose from.
  12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Kewl, thanks
  13. pit

pit Well-Known Member

My favorite generation? The kids who grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and early 90s. Who's the old fart now?
  14. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What made me post this is emo - such a stupid term. Like I said, music is emotional, and calling it emo is idiotic.
  15. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

emo started out as "emotional hardcore" because the way the people singing sang. check out Fugazi. For Hardcore it is important, most of the songs aren't really "emotional" they're more about fucking shit up and having fun. Not shit like "oh no my hearts broken" and ect. I understand your point that music is always emotional because good music evokes emotional responses.
  16. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

And it all come down to the mother? What a great way to stand up for forward thinking! Lets all make off-hand comments about controlling women's bodies!
  17. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If more women gave pause before giving birth or becoming pregnant, we wouldn't have as much overcrowding, and the crowds that we'd have would consist of better people.

To be fair, if more guys did the same thing -- ditto.
  18. pit

pit Well-Known Member

"love is not like anything, especialy a fucking knife."

Yes, it is. It is like a knife.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  19. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I think what you're feeling is perfectly natural. And when the generation you're referring to gets a little older, they'll be complaining about the younger generation just like you're doing now. Every person of every generation wakes up one day and feels like they've awakened in a different world that is unfamiliar and has gone, somehow, astray.

Fact is, the world went astray a long time ago and just keeps getting worse. It just takes a person a few decades to see it in action. The world wasn't OK when we were younger. We just got used to it because young people adapt quicker and more easily.

Now that I'm older, I see the nonsense younger people are obsessed with and I realize I was just like that. Well, not exactly but now I know how the older people felt when they said they just didn't understand the younger generation.
  20. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

Right. Then let me educate you on how to say what you want to say without blaming 'The Mother': Anyone who is going to produce more of these 'fuckwads' should be sterilized.

"To be fair..", Jesus Christ. YES. To be fair and NOT sexist, lets treat others as equals, shall we?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.