The "Avoiding" problem

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by InnerStrength, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I always think everyone is avoiding me. But there is one particular person that really bothers me when they seemingly do this. My neighbor, who I don't know at all from across the street (weird, I know) seems to do this alot. I think the reason this bothers me so is because this person is in such a close vicinity I can't get away from this notion in my head that they are avoiding me.

Two instances makes me think this person is avoiding me. Earlier this week, I was pulling out of the driveway, and my neighbor's car was across the street. As soon as I came close enough (still in my driveway), the car darted out into the street and sped around the corner. I went the opposite direction of course.

Just today I was doing some shopping, I pulled out of the parking lot into the street and neighbor's car pulled out in front of me (a ways away), barely stopped at the stop sign, and kept speeding (seemed to be going pretty fast). Why I think this person avoided me that time is because instead of pulling to the closest entrance into the next store (Walmart), they chose the second, farthest one.

It's not that I particularly care what this person thinks, it's just when someone avoids me for no reason, or a reason I just don't know, it upsets me. I don't know if I'm being neurotic or spot on, but I wish I knew for sure.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It took me nearly forever to learn this, but it is true: Usually people are lost in their own thoughts and they don't have anybody else on their minds.

It is most likely a coincidence that you and your neighbor crossed paths like that. I think maybe you're very sensitive to what's happening around you and observant enough to notice others who are too wrapped up in themselves to see you.

Stay safe! :smile:

3. 845324657

845324657 Guest

Where I live, there are mentally fucked people all over the place. Especially at night.

I've had strangers approach me and start talking as if they know me. One guy asked me if I was reading his thoughts.

And people think I'm weird for being socially phobic...

4. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

was that a insult towards me or the people you were referring to?

Acy, yeah you are *probably* right, but I still have this nagging feeling like my neighbor is avoiding me. Again, it's not really the person that matters, but the reason behind it that matters. If it was the case, I wish I knew for sure.

See, I usually go out of my way to avoid other people because of social anxiety. I guess maybe this is karma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.