The 'bad' in my life very much out weighs the good. Thus, it makes sense to die.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shock, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

I am at work. In a moment I will leave for lunch. <mod edit - methods> This is the only way to stop suffering.

I see everything as black and white. Things are ether good or bad. Most things are bad. People hang on to the thought that they will get something good if they wade through the bad. I have decided I will not keep wading and that the good is not worth the bad. I have a comparatively great life, but there is still way to much bad in it then good, and there is the possibility of all that is I have that is good being removed very quickly. In that regard I want to quit whilst I am ahead. I will not be a prisoner of hope the rest of my life. I refused to be a slave.

This is crystal clear to me. Things are either more good or more bad. My life is more bad, and is getting worse. The chances of if getting better are not worth sticking around for.

Thats is.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

please.... don't do that

what's wrong?

talk to us

3. listless

listless Banned Member

I share your sentiment. I think I'm in a similar position. Most of my life has been living in anticipation of things getting better, they never did. They just got worse. Partly it was due to my own bad decisions and partly being a victim of circumstances-whatever the case, my life didn't run quite as well as it has for many other people. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that and more are suffering as I am but put on a good face.

Still some days I'm just so damn fed up with everything I would like to end it all. Unfortunately there's just no simple way of doing it. Life-it's easy being born into it, but very hard to get out. I haven't reached an extreme point in my thinking to go through with ending it but there were some very low points in my past that I think I would've ended it-but I couldn't leave my mother behind with no one to help her-since she no longer works and can't support herself. I used to be better and happier-I'm a very different person today...there's so little to live for, so little I care about, so much crap to deal with in life that ending it makes more sense then to live through the misery. I'm in my early 40s now and it just gets worse as you age.
  4. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Shock,Listless.
    I am so sorry, when you are feeling very low everything seems bad/negative. Positive thinking and letting go of the past helps me. Don't be so hard on yourselves, life is hard and harder for some. Try talking about it and reaching out for support. If I help someone, that makes me feel better.
    I hope you both can find direction that makes you happier.
    Take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.