The beginning

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by *dilligaf*, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I've suddenly become very interested in this today so thought it would be interesting to see others view points.

How do you think we were "made"? Do you believe in God and his creating the world in 7 days? Or do you believe in evolution?

And more importantly .. WHY do you believe what you believe?
  2. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

I believe in evolution, because the evidence for evolution is overwhelming to any other theory. No other biological theory is as comprehensive, well-researched, or well-founded as evolution. I have the same level of confidence in the theory of evolution as I have in the theory of gravity.
  3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Fine, I don't like apples :blub:
  4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Evolution doesn't really define anything about the origins of life. Abiogenesis is the study of how living organisms came into existence from the basic elements that was available at the beginning.

The wikipedia page covering this issue is a very interesting read, especially the part about the Miller-Urey experiments , where organic compounds even as complex as amino acids (which are the basic building blocks of proteins) were formed from inorganic materials. Sugars were found as well, and all this was formed within a week..

These experiments were done way back in the 1950s and there is a lot of debate on the subject, and as with any scientific theory there are a few problems. But it looks very promising though.

It must also be said that this is only one theory put forward, and there are many out there. And even if it is proven that life could have started this way, it doesn't mean that it actually did. But still..
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.