Ideas & Opinions The Benefits of Being Single

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Things are the best they've been...ever, with us rn and I feel kinda bad saying this stuff, but I just feel like I'm not completely myself because of the parts I "gave" to him. He changes me for the better in a lot of ways, but I'm missing my solitude.
From experience and mostly observation, some alone time in any relationship is healthy and necessary, while couples who spend literally every second of their lives together usually miss out on something. It can be quite a lot of "solitude", it can be much less, that's up to the individuals, but wanting to have some alone time, perhaps asking for it if needed, is not necessarily destructive of the relationship at all, it can be very helpful in fact. And that's even if the relationship is the absolute best thing that's ever happened to you - great for you. :) You wouldn't be destroying that, only reinforcing it. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
I'm not single and honestly I've been thinking about all this stuff a lot lately that you guys are saying.
I changed something big about my appearance recently and my husband hated it so much he was treating me differently. I really wanted to "be my own person" or whatever and I liked the change but it wasn't worth the conflict and I gave it up.
I think about all the things I don't do anymore and the freedoms I gave up. I always knew I would never marry but I gave in for him.
Things are the best they've been...ever, with us rn and I feel kinda bad saying this stuff, but I just feel like I'm not completely myself because of the parts I "gave" to him. He changes me for the better in a lot of ways, but I'm missing my solitude.
Thank you so much for this post @Sevven. I wish I had a strong marriage and you show that it takes sacrifice and questioning along the way. I hope that you find some of your personal time that you seek. *hug10

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00