The Best Diet!

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by wallflower, Feb 12, 2008.

1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I found the perfect diet, it makes you lose so much weight, you don't really have to exercise too much either.
    It's called A Juice Fast. You get a juicer: you can juice veggies, tomatoes, apples, cucumbers, and all sorts of fruit.
    I so far like blackberry, kiwi, and pear.
    I have lost five pounds a day when on the fast, Alas I haven't stuck with it.
    I was planning on doing a 40 day juice fast. It's perfectly healthy though.
  2. lil-sis-one-of-two

lil-sis-one-of-two Well-Known Member

That sounds really good I am goingt to give it a go, I love Juice.
    It beats eating nothing.
  3. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that that is possible.

So you'll be, umm, 200 pounds lighter at the end of it?
  4. It's NOT healthy (No-way. No-how) if it doesn't include all the necessary food groups. Not to mention that even if you successfuly lose weight, the chances of you keeping it off are at best - slim to NONE! It's more dangerous to "yo-yo" in your body weight than to be overweight. A 'successful' diet (used as noun, not verb) means changing your lifestyle and integrating "your diet" (what you consume to sustain your body) into the whole regime...
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  5. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Juice up some porkchops and ground beef into a meat-shake to pick up necessary protein and you're golden.

(juice it up with some gravy to make it go down smooth, imo)
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

7. :rofl:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That diet seriously sounds too good to be true:mellow:
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I used to have a juicer but I returned it, because it was too much work to clean up after. The juices do taste very good though and are very healthy for you. I wouldn't consider going on an all juice diet though, it's a great way for you to get your servings of fruits and vegetables.
  10. Sylvester

Sylvester Member

Dieter friends!
    I'm not in it to lose weight - I eat wrong foods, like sugars to change my mood. If I get angry or depressed enough I just allow it.

And I get to the market, and will spend an hour poring over the shelves, reading labels. High-fructose corn syrup, NO. Meat, NO. Shortening, NO.

I think about all the pimples I will get (at 44, yes).
    So I have been trying to buy frozen fruit (most times fresh is too expensive in Manhattan). Or a compromise. Maybe diet soda (which has Nutra-sweet -phenylalanine in it, a mood-modulator).

Today, I bought 3 pints of raspberries. 99 cents each. I ate collard greens, plain as the main dish. A glass of strawberry-flavored milk (I control the sugar in that) for protein.

The best diet is one that closely reflects what you really like to eat. And then, you start to measure portions with cups and spoons, and try to practice moderation.
    Moderation is the diet that really works. It is perhaps cheated on, once per week (and not more!), but if you behave moderately, you will enjoy good health, and a feeling of accomplishment. And a real life change.

And moderation is forever.

That said, if you like juices, great. But all juice will cause you some embarrassing moments in public. And what happens on holidays, vacations?

For me, the most important thing is to limit sugar. I already banned most fats, because my liver is not so strong. Sugars are real mood-meanies.
    But they are better than extreme, "bad feelings."

11. and by the way, it is possible to keep off the weight

i lost 3 and 3/4's stone in a month.
    i rarely ate.
    when i did, i made myself sick.
    i practically fasted.

so it is possible to keep off the weight
    i mostly lost fat because i was overweight anyway
    (i had went into deep depression and binged alot after dropping out of the shittest school evr)
    so it wasnt just water weight
    and i didnt gain.. anything back.
    ive stuck at the weight i was at when i lost it all.
    so yeah.
    it can be kept off.
    and this fast is better than just plain water fasting.

plus you get all the vitamins you need
    aswell as at least some calories.
    its very good to fast once in a while.
    it makes you feel very refreshed and much more ... better with life.

just dont turn it into a habbit.
    or do it for too long.
    40 days id say is too long.
    if youre gonna do it that long, consult your doctor and discuss it with him/her.

but yeah, a few weeks, maybe 2 weeks or something doing this fast could really refresh your body.

its good.
    some religions fast for their god and personally, from a friend, ive been told it really does make them feel much more content with life and much more refreshed.

just dont friggin do this all the time
    its not healthy all the time
    its okay ONCE IN A WHILE
    apparently doing this can help you live healthier aswell.

just start the fast properley, do the fast properley, and come off the fast properley.

im not saying that everyone is like me, because i didnt fast this way, i did a 'no eating aloud or you fail, if you eat, make yourself sick, if you dotn eat, do you feel that control? do you feel it? do you feel that rumble in your stomach? thats good, keep going, dont stop, dont give up, youll be a fat disgusting failure if you eat' 'diet'.
    i wouldnt recommend that one to anyone, hence all of this post here diverting people AWAY from that.
  12. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah..i daubt abaut it to.
  13. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

If you ever start eating normaly again, your body will grab the food and store as fat faster than ever.
  14. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

what u will lose is actually water loss. not permanent. To lose weight properly is to change your eating habits. No in-betweens, no supper and only eat up to 70% full.
  15. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

i was on a juice diet once, for 10 days, and i had a really hard time getting back on solid food after, i felt really bad after each meal. and i barely lost any weight with it, maybe one pound. so it didn't worth it. at least that's how it was in my case. just thought i'd warn you. but if you are determined to go through with it, good luck, i hope you will have better results.