The best dream

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by girl_in_limbo, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girl_in_limbo

girl_in_limbo Active Member

Last night I had such a realistic dream and I can't stop thinking about it.

I was in a convience store and for some reason the police were there too. I'm not sure if I had made contact with them, but the next thing I remember I was purchasing a pack of 16 sleeping pills. I quickly starting taking them and then someone told the police and they tried to grab me but I got away. I remember running around a city park with lots of tennis courts. Finally I started to feel the effects of the pills(which I have felt in real life and my dream was right on).

There are some parts that get a little blurry, but then my mom and dad are in the park with me and they are sitting in a vehicle with me trying to figure out what's going on with me. Then my mom realizes what I have done and freaks out. She decides that I need to get to the hospital, but for some reason doesn't call 911. She is going to take me herself. Then all of a sudden I find some strength and I get a bottle of Tylenol from somewhere and take 72 of them and take off running again.

The last thing I remember is laying in a dark corner somewhere feeling very tired and ready to die...

And then I woke up. It may be sad to say, but it was such a great dream and every aspect of it felt so real. Everything from how heavy my feet felt to how relieved I felt when I knew no body would find me in time, seemed real. I've been in that situation more than a few times in real life(obviously it was never too late, as I'm still here). Now I cannot stop thinking about it and why I had such a dream.

I wish it wasn't just a dream...

I wish it was real

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF, Amanda! I'm glad it was just a dream. There are so many wonderful people here with whom you'll be able to make some good contacts and friends for support.

I'm not an expert but I've read a lot about dreams. One type of dream is a mirror or replay of feelings you've had in real life. Often, the more you think of something, the more likely you are to have a dream about it.

Like I said above, I hope you'll stick around with us awhile and give it a chance. We're here to help!

Mike

3. girl_in_limbo

girl_in_limbo Active Member

Your mirror theory makes sense. I have been reading through many of my mental health reports from previous "attempts" and hospitalizations. I've also just been thinking about finally "checking out".

I feel like this dream is a reminder of how great I felt when I knew I was on my way out. I have definitely been thinking a lot about putting a little pill collection together, just so I have it. I don't know exactly yet when I will need it, but I do know that the time will come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.