The best way to get over someone is to get under someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by A_pixie, Sep 6, 2009.

1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Does anybody agree with this?

If you're suffering from a broken heart or pining for somebody does banging someone else make you feel better?

Who agrees?

2. candiz

candiz Active Member

I disagree. Looking for rebound victims are never a good idea. It's not fair to them or your ex, no matter how hurt you are.

3. GS9

GS9 The Lost Boy

its sort of iffy, if your girl cheats on you with one of your friends and you then sleep with your girl friends cousin or sister..

I would like to say you might feel better

but rebound girls are not a good idea :rolleyes:

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Not at all.
    Might feel good for that split second where somebody else shows you that they want you, but once you're naked and lying with them, feels awful, and then afterwards... it feels even worse.
    People need to let themselves get over people naturally, have fun, go out, realise you can still do pretty much all of the stuff you used to do with your ex - with friends instead, just start enjoying yourself again without that person.
    That's how I get over people, not by shagging someone else.

5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

...saying that though, I do however think it's not a bad idea to go out and flirt, meet members of the opposite sex and so on.
    It helps you to remember you're still attractive and still wanted and desired by other people. Which is what you need when you've just broken up with someone, to remember that you can get someone else and it's not the end of the world.

6. A_pixie

I suppose it gives the old ego a boost though;

Most people when they break up with someone aren't even that pissed about the break up it's the fact that your wounded ego is talking.

Is it wrong that banging someone else usually makes me feel better? I make sure I'm not going to hurt them, they're usually just mates who agree that we won't let things get weird.

7. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i think its wrong to have sex to get over someone.

8. GS9

GS9 The Lost Boy

Sleeping with someone to build your ego is a duel bladed sword
    Its good for a short period of time but as time continues it can be a FAIL

Then again you might just only get the ego boost with the sword,
    Make sure that your sleeping with the girl because you both want each other.

The Chad has SPOKEN :boogie:

9. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

Sort of.

In my case, I've tried it. And, yeah, when it's happening, sex DOES help you get over your problems.

But afterwards, the old problems are still there. What's worse, you also have to deal with any new problems you've introduced by sleeping with that person.

In my case, I've never been able to do one-night-stands; any time I sleep with someone, I always develop feelings for him/her. I'm starting to learn that, for me, if the other person isn't interested in forming some kind of relationship, it's probably a good idea not to sleep with him/her.

10. Kakihara-Gumi

Kakihara-Gumi Well-Known Member

The idea is outright stupid, going out and being a ***** and sleeping around to "get over" someone is asinine.

11. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

It might make you feel better in the(very) short term, but when the person you just slept with hits the door you'll probably just feel worse.

12. A_pixie

I've always had weird friends who sleep with each other, there's never any awkwardness and we don't ever cheat when we have been in relationships, we remain respectful to each other etc...

I don't know, maybe I'm just not in a normal situation lol