the bible (rant)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LostMyMind, Aug 28, 2007.

1. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

After becoming schizophrenic I dove into religion thinking that It would help me. The bible is full of violence and killing (over 30 million people killed in the old testament in God's name, not including the so called flood). Then when I get to the new testament I'm told to have faith in someone who basically walked into suicide, exults himself as king and lord over the entire world and says he does not come in peace. They apparently consider America a modern Babylon. Revelations talk about every last American being killed in Jesus' name (300+ million people), which I am guessing will take place before 2013.

People somehow connect the new and old testaments and say that Jehovah was Jesus' father even tho it's said in the new testament that the father is a mystery. Upon Jesus' return we won't be able to have sex out of marriage and we won't be able to lie. If we do either he will burn us alive in a lake of fire. We have condoms and contraceptives now, why not just make sure people are educated? Also, who hasn't lied?

To put it short the bible fucked my sanity up even worse than what it was. People killing over anything and everything. Christianity has an awfully bloody past. I often wonder if people would still be as fat and as lustful as they are if they didn't believe having faith allows them to sin as much as their heart desires.

Another thing, Jesus speaks of diseasing people. Why didn't he just disease the Romans? Did he want them to kill all those people so the world would be Christianized?

2. RCC

RCC Well-Known Member

What, did you think the world is blissful until Hitler? Also, have you ever read the Koran or the Torah?

Suicide is self-murder. That was sacrifice, bud. Glad you appreciated it.

... Died for or sins, saved humanity from a sure fiery eternity.

That's no biblical, it's a theory and interpertation of the Bible, again, doesn't mean it's biblical.

Have you ever heard the phrase "400 silent years"?

This is very unbiblical. Are you still assuming that all Americans, Christian or not, will be on earth post-rapture?

The human race has an awfully bloody past. What about Atheists such as Stalin, Mao and Hitler? What about the religion of Islam? Why do you only point out Christian violence.

No, you're right Atheism inspires moralism more so then the Bible.:blink:

3. LostMyMind

No I have not read the Torah or the Koran and do not ever intend to. I never said anything about Atheists or their moral practices so stop shoving words in my mouth. From what I have seen most Hindus and Buddhists live far more virtuous lives than all the Christians I know.

I don't understand how you say these things are not biblical when they are in the bible! Why do I only point out Christian violence? Because this thread is about me reading the Christian bible! I don't see how a God can be viewed so perfect and righteous when he was an angry power trip throughout the old testament and then in the new he is suppose to return to do more of the same. Again, if he has all these amazing powers and can spread disease why didn't he just end all the pain and suffering back when he walked the Earth? Did he want the Romans to Christianize the world through killing?

So Jesus died to save us from ourselves. There has been something like 16 other crucified saviors throughout time. Like most other beliefs reincarnation was most likely in the bible before the Romans got their hands on it. After all how do you think Jesus is going to return? So do you think as long as you have faith in a person (even if he's just a dead spiritual teacher) you will go to heaven? I don't believe in heaven or hell. Hell is a mistranslated word. It's something that I think the Church/governing powers made up to keep people in control.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2007
  4. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I know what you mean pal, Christianity helped me for a while but then fucked me up worse than ever and it was only thanks to a support site for ex-Christians that I got over it all. The Old Testament is completely different to the New, it's as if biblegod had a complete change overnight, although of course the New Testament speaks about hell, but I won't go there...

anyway, you are welcome to talk or rant if you want..

5. LostMyMind

Hi Riverbank, I enjoy your blog and some of the great photos you have up on it. I see the site you speak of and I might check into it.