The Butterfly Project

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Dissolving, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dissolving

Dissolving New Member

For anyone who doesn't know what it is... The Butterfly Project is a method to attempt ceasing self-harm... It's certainly not foolproof, but it gives an incentive to NOT harm yourself.

Basically, here's how it goes.
    Everytime you want to cut, you draw a butterfly on your wrist (or wherever) instead. You may end up with lots of butterflies. That's okay.
    Name the butterfly after someone who wants you to get better, if anyone knows, that is, or after someone you love.
    You can't scrub it off; it has to fade away naturally. If you scrub it away, it dies.
    If you cut while the butterfly is still on your skin, you've killed it, or all of your butterflies. If you don't, it lives.
    You want your butterflies to live <3
    Now, I just started it a few days ago, and so far, my 20 butterflies still live. The naming the butterflies really seems to help, so make sure that you do it if you try this. It's really difficult, but it's worth it to realize that you DO have the self-restraint needed. I'm not guaranteeing you that it will work for you, or even that it will continue working for me, but try it. What do you have to lose?<3
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It certainly sounds like a worthwhile thing to try - if any method works or even helps, it is worth considering.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.