The cheapness of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the cheapness of words. They are uttered with no importance attached, thrown about with reckless abandon, heedless of consequences.

Doctors lie. Cold, dispassionate, they feign concern and sell false empathy while they line their coffers with wealth from patients and pharmaceutical companies.

Authorities lie. For our own good, and to hide their self-serving, ignominious actions.

Everyday people lie. Constantly. They feign concern for one another and use flattering words to advance their own agendas.

Humanity lies. In order to control others, to ingratiate, to manipulate them. To each other, to themselves.

When no one speaks the truth any longer, the world becomes a deafening cacophony of meaningless noise. Truly, once one realizes that everyone out there has an agenda and an ulterior motive, wisdom is attained. Then, the veil has been ripped from society's face, exposing the malformed monster underneath and you begin to see it for what it really is. I learned this quite some time ago. Mendacity is hard wired into the species.

Enough lies and you stop believing in others' words altogether.

HelpMePls_._

I know the cheapness of words. They are uttered with no importance attached, thrown about with reckless abandon, heedless of consequences.

Doctors lie. Cold, dispassionate, they feign concern and sell false empathy while they line their coffers with wealth from patients and pharmaceutical companies.

Authorities lie. For our own good, and to hide their self-serving, ignominious actions.

Everyday people lie. Constantly. They feign concern for one another and use flattering words to advance their own agendas.

Humanity lies. In order to control others, to ingratiate, to manipulate them. To each other, to themselves.

When no one speaks the truth any longer, the world becomes a deafening cacophony of meaningless noise. Truly, once one realizes that everyone out there has an agenda and an ulterior motive, wisdom is attained. Then, the veil has been ripped from society's face, exposing the malformed monster underneath and you begin to see it for what it really is. I learned this quite some time ago. Mendacity is hard wired into the species.

Enough lies and you stop believing in others' words altogether.
As discouraging, and disheartening this is, you are by no means wrong, and I agree with you to some extent.

I think that some of the lies people tell hold significant meaning behind it. Not everything is meant to damage and control; to conceal and manipulate. But I understand how foul majorities hide virtous minorities.

In part, it's human nature to lie, in the same vein it's human nature to take, hurt, kill or destroy. However, criticizing the nature of being human is as fruitful as instructing the blind to see: its the nature of things. Something that cannot be helped.

Society is an abomination; an extension of the vile demeanor we as humans have. But it's something we have to accept as an aspect of life that cannot be changed, for the benefit of a less stressful mind.

It's why I never believe anything people tell me.

Humans are at their best when they are alone or in strictly small numbers. Once you begin to amass numbers of people in large tribes or cities, that's when intelligence drops and their innate vicious nature comes to the fore.

HelpMePls_._

Humans are at their best when they are alone or in strictly small numbers. Once you begin to amass numbers of people in large tribes or cities, that's when intelligence drops and their innate vicious nature comes to the fore.
I suppose there's nuance to consider as well. When dealing with people as versatile as humans, nothing is ever really consistent. Communities differ from region to region, ethnicity to ethnicity, and time to time.

But I'd be a hypocrite if I told you that people are trustworthy.

This is so true.

To some extent it's a few bad apples spoiling the cart.

But take away the carts .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00