• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

The Cliff..

My bday is coming up and all I can think about is this is my last birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and new years. I always ever since I was 12 knew I would never make it 27 and it feels like that might be true. <edit - method>
Everyday is feeling like a weight on my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous ID

Something gave you the strength to carry on 15 more years, just try to carry on more. I'm crying thinking how am I supposed to help anyone but I want to help you. Please give me that satisfaction that I helped someone. Inbox me with your problems and I'll do what I can

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey sorry you are feeling this way. You said you always felt you wouldn't see 27. Do you have any idea why this might be? Is there anything particular going on for you that has you troubled? Keep talking to us here, you will find people that you will be able to relate to *hug

Hey sorry you are feeling this way. You said you always felt you wouldn't see 27. Do you have any idea why this might be? Is there anything particular going on for you that has you troubled? Keep talking to us here, you will find people that you will be able to relate to *hug
I also can't answer that honestly. I just always felt even as a young girl that dark shadow hovering over me, staining me, and feeling like i won't make it past 27 I just always felt that. I still do..

Something gave you the strength to carry on 15 more years, just try to carry on more. I'm crying thinking how am I supposed to help anyone but I want to help you. Please give me that satisfaction that I helped someone. Inbox me with your problems and I'll do what I can
Please don't cry. I don't feel like I deserve sympathy or honesty want it. Give that energy to someone with some hope maybe that'll help them but no need for me. There's nothing special about me or my problems . Its just another day...unfortunately

Dante

Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
SF Supporter
"Life is pain princess, anyone who says differently is selling something" - Wesley, The Princess Bride (1987) (Great film btw)

I somewhat agree with the above, life is pain, we only ever do anything because we find something unpleasant and want to make it stop, hunger, thirst, loneliness, etc, or we want something and find its absence unpleasant and again want to make it stop, but the trick to life is not to minimise the pain, but to fill up the gaps between the pain with something equally worth living for. You shouldn't focus entirely on just avoiding bad, because if you manage to avoid all the bad that leaves you with nothing at all and that in itself is bad, so you need to spend much of your time looking for something good to hold onto as well, even if that doesn't leave you enough time to completely eliminate the bad.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

I have accepted that I will be a miserable bastard for the rest of my life, I recently wrote down on this forum the times I have been clinically depressed in the last 12 years, and it far outweighs the times I havent been, and if you look through my childhood photo-albums I challenge you to find more than 1 picture where I was smiling (my brother needed one for something recently and went mad trying to find a single picture of me smiling, ironically, this made me smile), but I know that I can suffer through this life if I can just find something in it that is worth the pain, and there is so much out there that is worth it, you just need to last long enough to find it, and I know it is hard, that the current world seems singularly purpose-built to keep those good things from us, but you just need to keep trying.

“You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” ―Babe Ruth

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00