The Combat Medics Last words

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Soldier_Medic, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier_Medic

Soldier_Medic New Member

Im 21 years old, and was a combat medic in one of the most battle hardened divisions in the US Army. At 19 years old I was a combat medic with a cavalry platoon in Afghanistan. I saved many soldiers lives, fought hard, and had one of my best friends die in my own arms because I got to him late. Now im re-assigned. Im in a hospital with all women, who have never seen combat. I am the only male. They take advantage of me and embarras me, they dont understand. They treat me and turn me into a bitch. I cant talk back or defend myself. Its a battle im doomed to lose. they take my awards, my promotions, my pride. I cant fight they always win.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to be talking to your superiors about this behavior You do not have to put up with this harassment You go to your superior and tell him or her how all this is making you very suicdal and it needs to stop now Just do it okay
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...glad you found us...It seems you have been through so much that maybe the past stress makes you more vunerable to what is going on not give away the power to these people. They sound of ill will and do not deserve it. Thank you for all you have done for us, and know we are here...also, please do not conclude that women are this way...the true equalist (I did not say femanist-spelling? I am very tired) does not have to demean anyone to feel superior...that is a true sign of weakness...I feel sad for them as they are missing a chance to meet someone as heroic and caring as you...welcome again
  4. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Firstly i'd like to thank you for the amazing job you do. I'm sorry to hear about your friend and I'm sorry that you are in a place where you are not understood and not treated well, as Totaly Eclipse suggested, is there anyone you are able to talk to about this? :hug: I'm not from the US, but here in the UK you can't join the Army/ you can get medically discharged if they found out you were suicidal.. so telling them that part may be something you want to consider if you still want to stay in the Army..But as I said I'm not from the US and are aware that they work differently to UK.
    If you want to talk about anything, feel free to drop me a PM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.