The Conservatives Social Genocide Project - Final Phase, The Bedroom Tax

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Kaos General, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Im sorry but i fucking hate this shithole of a country and everyone in it. Im currently trying to help 10,000 people appeal this new bedroom tax thats just come in, some of the stories ive heard from them is just heart breaking. For those of you not from the UK, the government has decided that everyone here in receipt of housing benefit that is under occupying a flat or house (living in a 2 bedroom flat when theirs only 1 person living their etc) has their housing benefit reduced and they have to pay the shortfall from their other benefits. When you consider they get £72 a week to live on and now have to hand over £30 of that to their housing association you begin to see the problem. Add on top of that the reduced council tax that people have to pay then they are making already destitute people literally starve. Thats not an exaggeration, this is cold hard reality of the position that many people are in. The tories think that food banks will pick up the slack, but their already overstretched and have to turn people away on a daily basis because they run out of food.

Irritable Dickhead Syndrome (i shall never utter this clowns real name, he doesnt deserve that kind of respect) told councils and housing associations and the country, that if people want to avoid paying this surcharge/reduction/tax they should downsize. What this asshat neglects to mention is their nowhere to downsize too. The waiting lists in some parts of the country are already a couple of years long. Thanks to that vile creature margaret thatcher and her right to buy scheme people bought their council homes en masse and the government/council didnt build anymore homes.

The best bit ive saved until last because its so extraordinary that even im still reeling in disbelief. The cost of making hundreds of thousands of people destitute, many of them disabled, mentally ill, the elderly destitute and homeless is a saving of £500 million pounds. The UK spends triple that giving India £1.5 billion to develop its space programme. It spends the same amount paying multi national companies money to take on people for free under the guise of 'work experience'. Its literally a drop in the ocean full of piss that is the UK.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

well over here in quebec, they are going to pass a law that already poor people who are getting welfare, will lose 150$ from what they originally get in order to encourage people to go work...this affect mothers with children under 5 and 55years old +....we're fighting it because the little amount they get is ridiculous...and yet they are going to tightened the leash on everyone...meanwhile our prime minister just bought a 2.5 million condo...yeah find the catch here...

all of this to say, totally understand and relate even if it's not exactly the same...it's horrible....and sucks..

3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

They did that to us already, the cut child benefit to a vast swathe of people, what they didnt count on was as a result people were made unemployed because they could no longer afford child care. I also forgot to mention that they are now also considering scrapping the minimum wage which will affect pretty much every single person in low paid jobs ensuring that they will have no choice but to give up their jobs

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

yeah, and meanwhile politicians get richer and the people that control the bank get loads of money too...pisses me off big time

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Lets not forget that they're doling out £8 million of tax payers money to bury the biggest ratbag of all!

Don't get me started on the subject of the tories, I may well implode and Clegg (spits) WANKER!

6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

ukip a

7. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Yar I still am unsure as to why they are bashing people who are just making ends meet, if even. Some sorta social conditioning, but it's rediculous. "get ready for the future! It's fucking cold and wet!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.