The constant feeling of lonliness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sezzy, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sezzy

sezzy New Member

No matter what i can't get over the feeling of being lonely. I am a real social person who loves to be around people. but my lack of confidence has stopped me from making friends. I had a group of friends in primary school who decided one day they wouldnt talk to me. But they did it when my long term boyfriend broke up with me. They did it when i found out he had been seeing a girl behind my back. I have tried contacting them but they just blank me and to this day i dont know what i did wrong.

At university i didnt make many friends as i was always with my boyfriend. The best friend i did make just pissed off back to essex with her boyfriend and has nothing to do with me.

Another girl i made friends with she lives in birmingham with another mate. As they live in the same city they have become close and often go out. I live in lesta so i feel like i dont belong with them.

My one close friend who i work with has told me she is leaving and moving back to lincon. So ive lost her.

Two of my friends are my ex's and they don't give a crap and we argue most days.

I've never felt so lonely and i always blame myself. If only i had more confidence to get out there maybe i would have more friends. but the friends i do have live away or aren't close to me. I guess i feel like i always draw the short straw in life.

I miss having girly nights out. Im alone and nothing beats the feeling of having no one to talk too.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You see you can make friends hun you have had several friends Just take a course of interest meet new people there take up an activity that interest you art music dance etc where you can meet new people too okay You can make friends hun you just need to set up time to do so hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Aww I know it can be hard but you will be able to make new friends. There are other people out there who are shy or lack confidence like you...try talking to them or just starting off a simple conversation and seeing where it leads. You never know what will happen until you try. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.