The crisis deepens and soon our lives may be over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
For reference... see this thread...
http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=61083

I went to the US to meet her and sort out her situation... she was eagerly awaiting my arrival but the U.S. Department of Homeland Security sent me back because I said I "may" get a green card while there so I can stay there for longer and work. When I said I don't have to do that, after all, and just stay there until the date of my return ticket, they didn't listen; what I had said at one time was set in stone and back it was. I lost about a thousand dollars from this, so far, but that is hardly the main problem. Now, merely to get into the country, I need to get a visa. If I want to get an apartment, however, where she and I can stay until her situation is sorted out, a mere visitor visa isn't enough (as far as I believe, anyway), but a working visa takes too much time to get, plus I need to find an employer that is willing to give me a job before I can even apply for it, and since I never even finished high school, am on disability and never have had a job in my life, how likely would I be able to find that job during these times? So the visitor visa is my only choice, but since I (probably) can't get an apartment when I only have a visitor visa (if someone knows differently, tell me), I have to live with a friend of hers, but her friend lives with her grandmother who has gotten into her head that I may be a sexual predator or whatever, and says she won't allow "it" under her roof. That's the only friend of hers that is available to help and now my girlfriend is turning self-destructive, again. She seemed so hopeful about us when I was on my way there but then I was sent home and all is heading towards disaster. Once she graduates, which is by the end of the month, she is ready to be forced into the navy and then all is lost. She will take her life, and I will take mine. If we lose each other then all use to live is lost. It seems the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has ruined our lives. Thank you, "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"... yet another two whose lives you've ruined.

I didn't want to post this, in case she reads it and I crush her hope, but her hope is crushed enough as it is, now, so I don't think her reading this will make a difference. Maybe someone here has some suggestions that actually may change everything. I need to be there before the end of the month, though... thanks in advance I guess. If this proves hopeless, however, my life definitely is nearing its end... :/ and hers... :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mightbehere

U.S. Department of Homeland Security has a number of roles it plays in servicing America. Some of these rolls are very positive. I can't comment on why you were denied entry but the people that work there are all professionals and have a job to do.

Also since you have previously 'bashed' America and its policies why wouldn't its government tell you to GTFO!

My advice would be to for fill requirements in order to get a green card. Or simply try your luck again....Also if it only costs $1000 Euros to go from Sweden to America then sign me up...WOOT! I feel a holiday coming on.

jameslyons

I'm not your biggest fan. But killing yourself because you can't be in your (horribly toxic) relationship doesn't make sense. If she's in the navy she can get discharged for sever depression with suicidal tendencies *they don't want us for some reason :tongue:. She's like 17 or so, so even if she sticks with it, she'll be about 21 when she gets out.

Its nonsensical to kill yourself over a delay.

As to answers about your visa. Good luck, but its hard as fuck to get a work visa if you aren't a professional. You working in the US is as likely as me getting a work visa to England. It's not going to happen anytime soon. However, if you have a residential visa you can easily rent a place. Or do what most people do, rent with a roommate. Best bet, finish school, get a degree.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
U.S. Department of Homeland Security has a number of roles it plays in servicing America. Some of these rolls are very positive. I can't comment on why you were denied entry but the people that work there are all professionals and have a job to do.

Also since you have previously 'bashed' America and its policies why wouldn't its government tell you to GTFO!

My advice would be to for fill requirements in order to get a green card. Or simply try your luck again....Also if it only costs $1000 Euros to go from Sweden to America then sign me up...WOOT! I feel a holiday coming on.
I already have said why I was denied entry so you don't need to comment on it.

How would they know about my US bashings? If you hope that they monitor everything people say on the Internet then you may be in for a disappointment (relief for most others). And I think being against the use of depleted uranium, cluster bombs, white phosphorous, etc. should be the most basic standpoint, but of course it isn't or such wouldn't be tolerated as often as it is.

I need a visa, now, not a green card. And trying my luck again by hoping that they disregard my previous admittance history is only a waste of another thousand dollars. Once you haven't been admitted at one time, you will have to show a visa every time you enter the country, for the rest of your life, or until they change the law.

And you may think that the "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" is protecting you, but I have absolutely no criminal record; much like countless others that are denied entry into the US on absolutely ridiculous grounds. There's a growing resent among regular non-Americans around the world because of this utterly unreasonable treatment... that isn't something that is helping the future of the US if that's what you think.

And a thousand dollars may be pocket change for you but it isn't for me.

jameslyons

Honestly I'm a bit suspicious of why you were denied entry. Swedish people don't need green cards or visas to enter the US. Just like we don't need visas to enter Sweeden. For visitation that is. I honestly don't see what the problem is. Say you're coming to visit, then don't leave. That's what plenty of people do :)

You've got some pretty extreme views. Are you sure you're not on record somewhere for doing something silly? And you never tell people you're going to try to stay and get a green card! That's like a couple going to the courthouse for a marriage certificate and telling the clerk that its so one of them gets citizenship!

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
I'm not your biggest fan. But killing yourself because you can't be in your (horribly toxic) relationship doesn't make sense. If she's in the navy she can get discharged for sever depression with suicidal tendencies *they don't want us for some reason :tongue:. She's like 17 or so, so even if she sticks with it, she'll be about 21 when she gets out.

Its nonsensical to kill yourself over a delay.

As to answers about your visa. Good luck, but its hard as fuck to get a work visa if you aren't a professional. You working in the US is as likely as me getting a work visa to England. It's not going to happen anytime soon. However, if you have a residential visa you can easily rent a place. Or do what most people do, rent with a roommate. Best bet, finish school, get a degree.
I'll check the residential visas... probably will take much longer to get than a visitor visa, though. Can't live with a room"mate"... maybe the person would rape her. I can't take such risks.

I don't have the time to finish school... and even if I finished it in a week and immediately found a job, it takes one to three months to get a work visa, and she's said she relies on me to get this sorted out. I need to come there before the end of the month.

As for killing yourself over a delay... my whole life has been a delay. I can't take any more delays.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
Honestly I'm a bit suspicious of why you were denied entry. Swedish people don't need green cards or visas to enter the US. Just like we don't need visas to enter Sweeden. For visitation that is. I honestly don't see what the problem is. Say you're coming to visit, then don't leave. That's what plenty of people do :)

You've got some pretty extreme views. Are you sure you're not on record somewhere for doing something silly? And you never tell people you're going to try to stay and get a green card! That's like a couple going to the courthouse for a marriage certificate and telling the clerk that its so one of them gets citizenship!
I was denied entry because YES, I said I "may" apply for a green card while in the country. How the fuck could I know I couldn't say that? I decided not to withhold that so they wouldn't come and arrest me one day. One percent of the people of the US are or have been in prison. Better be careful so you don't end up there and get raped in the process, thus putting a definite end to my life if it'd happen.

I didn't need a visa before, but I need a visa NOW for having been denied entry into the country at one time before. Do you want me to get the proper link to the US government website where I read it?

I haven't done anything worse than viewing copyrighted material without having paid for it. Or I haven't to this date, anyway.

i looked into doing visitation to England... THATS some bull if i ever saw it.. maybe i gotta look into something a little less, erm, prolonging... i guess. :)

you would be within your right to appeal it, seriously. if you explained that you have a family member (lady friend) that has been waiting for you, its possible that they will grant you access quickly. a family in need deserves family indeed.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
you would be within your right to appeal it, seriously. if you explained that you have a family member (lady friend) that has been waiting for you, its possible that they will grant you access quickly. a family in need deserves family indeed.
I doubt it'll go through, and how long will an appeal take, anyway? But I'll call the embassy on Monday about it. Maybe it'll work but it seems a bit too simple. It won't solve the residence problems, either, but at least I could enter without a visa, then. Or, they would just be assholes and send me back, anyway.

Mentioning her probably isn't a good idea. Then I have to prove that she exists and then they find out that she only is seventeen. When I tried to get help on a US oriented forum, and found it appropriate to mention her age, I got accused of being a pedophile and likely sexual predator. Also, if they'd call her parents about it there's no telling what her father might do. The danger of the authorities calling her parents to verify her existence, and mentioning me in the process, probably makes it impossible to tell them about her.

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
You can't appeal; you can only appeal if you are denied a visa, not if you are denied entry under the visa waiver program; and the border controls are in fact able to send you back on mere suspicion that you will do something that you aren't allowed to do (like working). In other words, if I only get a visitor visa (my only chance to get there in time), and they look back at my history where I said I may stay there and work, they may still send me back for mere suspicion that I may work, which they easily would suspect since I would have to have my return ticket for two or three months afterwards to have all the time I need to sort everything out. The longer you stay, the more "suspicious" it is... that is just how it is. :/

I still haven't found a solution to my residence problems, either... if someone could help me, or inform me of something I should know, then that'd really be great.

Crue-K

Isn't there a period of time you have to wait when denied entry before you can apply again. 3 years or something like that?

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
well the best source of information is to contact the American embassy....can't do much more then that.
I did. All I said in my latest post was based on what they said.

Isn't there a period of time you have to wait when denied entry before you can apply again. 3 years or something like that?
Not if you have been denied entry under the visa waiver program... don't know how it is otherwise. For me, however, it probably doesn't make a difference.

Random

Because that wouldn't be very professional. This is why America gets bashed. Because "patriotic" Americans are such incurable buttheads. Welcome to America, where you can say anything you want as long as you don't say what you really want to say. No point then, is there? :laugh:

Crue-K

each time i go the states, i hate having to state i have a mental health problem on the visa waiver both the paper based and this new online version :mad:

Mightbehere

AMERICA IS ONE OF THE GREATEST NATIONS ON EARTH!!!! :tongue: I f you people don't like it so much why don't you buy some land in Africa and make your own country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00