The crying is contagious?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the_me_that_you_know, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is only a question.... so here it is:
    When someone you love comes to you crying, literally crying their ass off.... what do you do?? I suppose it all depends on how strong you are mentally, the severity of the problem, exactly how much this person means to you, & how full your plate is with problems already. I won't go into many details, but this person I care deeply for comes to me crying all the time. I try to reassure this person, through tears 'cause now I'm crying too.

Now the effects on me are:

Not sleeping
    Constantly puking
    Wanting to die more than ever :eek:hmy:

I'm in hell :sad:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that not crying means your mentally strong, anyone can cry but that doesn't reflect on your mental strength. I'm not really sure if crying is contagious, for me it's not but maybe for others it could be.
    I guess it's different for each person.
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I think it depends on the person and or how well you are at controlling yourself. for example if i see some random in the street crying i dont cry. But if my best mate was crying then i would wanna cry too...
  4. Yes yes any random person crying would make me sad for them... yet I do not actually cry. This however is a family member, a blood relative for whom I am triggered to cry....after which I find myself physically ill from the stress of the situation:
    headache which only intensifies
    Puking my guts out nonstop
    Can't sleep to save my life
  5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

So if you don't cry or even empathize with them, does it mean you don't love them?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.