The Cure

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I believe, for me, the cure, it isn't meds, it isnt therapy...

the answer... is not having the time to be unhappy!!!!

The problem now is in my free time, my lonely time, those long painful hours, i am going insane, losing my mind over what it is i can do to fulfill my day (not now, but when i go back to university in september, where my first year socially was a complete failure)
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey :smile: keeping busy is a really good way of keeping on top of your emotions and regulating them, if that makes sense. but you should still consider meds and therapy to help you fully recover because when you're not busy as you know, things aren't as good and you end up feeling depressed again.
    i hope things work out for you :heart:
    triggs xx
  3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

when i'm not busy needs to become a time of rest though, but i have nothing to rest from, so my peak mental usage is during lonliness

I have just gotten a job, it has made me realize this, i need things to do, people to talk to and surround myself with, but with that needs to come opportunitys and progression to keep my heart in those activities, if they're not, then I will still be depressed whilse so called keeping busy, such as with my previous job. But with this current job, I have my rest time, which I am fine in, the problem their is still a lot of free time, like now, i'm over the rest period for today, these are now the hours i need things such as friends, a relationship, hobbys, things to do.

You have to get out and live, its as simple as that for people like me, i'm not someone with a depressed youth, i am lucky to have a loving family, avoided all kinds of abuses many suffer from. I am mentally secure and stable in activity and with something occupying my mind other than it having to be thought.

For me, not everyone, life in my opinion, it is all simple, but the delivery of it is complex! How I manage to achieve this fulfillment I do not know. The circumstances arnt necessairly right, and for someone who when a lone is mentally weak, and i am a lone a lot, going out and creating the right circumstances is going to be very hard. To create something from nothing takes dedication, commitment, strength and vision. Do I have that? I do not know, I am looking.

One thing I do know out of the majority of depressions, its you, its up to you, its down to you, you need you!

Dont get me wrong, the being too busy to be unhappy is not going to create happiness. What it will bring, hopefully, is real life issues to deal with, proper things on my mind when the time comes, not self pity, doubt, lonliness and such. Life is never going to be happy all the way, theirs ups, their is downs. In a full life the ups will be worth more than the downs, in a depressed lonely life the downs will overwhelm the ups.

Therapy and meds could still help... but its their subtle purpose that matters, its not understanding I need, it is guidance towards the fulfilled life, but their are more things that can achieve this than therapy and meds.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It sounds like you are getting to know what makes you tick that is good. Therapy will help you discover other things that can help you progress socially as well. I find volunteer work helps as it shows me how well off i am compared to others. Food bank visiting old people nursing home anything that can bring others support and you meet new people this way. Take care all the best
  5. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

hey, just like me, my 1st year was kinda a social failure too, I thought it might get better cuz i'm away from all my triggers, but not so..yeah
  6. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

yep i am afraid that next year wont change, but it is in my hands, i just dont know how to change it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.