the Danger-Makers

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Winslow, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

To prevent suicide, an idea occurred to me. As an alternative, why not be a danger-maker? That is, take up a so-called extreme sport. Extreme sport is a physical challenge which is extremely dangerous. One example is hang-gliding. Some of you could come up with other examples.

The way I see it, the psychology behind doing a dangerous challenge is that you do not want death but instead flirt with death. Maybe to just experience that thrill will satisfy to such an extent that you do not want suicide. So I wonder what you other folks think, that is, to be a danger-maker?
  2. danz

danz Well-Known Member

Nice theory but it requires effort, money etc.
    My luck is so bad that I bet I wouldn't die anyway, most likely end up a paraplegic stuck in a wheelchair only adding to my misery.
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

theres the money side of it, the anxiety side of it that people cant get out of their houses, etc etc.
    but i do agree do something adreniline(spelling0 pumping to help. but then there are some who cant do them due to other htings.

everyone is different.

nice sentiment tho