The dangerous game of drugs.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Axiom, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I suppose all you have to do is look at your life without drugs. And then with drugs. If it makes your life better somehow, and you can't find that same fullfillment without it, then there's a problem.

Thoughts?

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Actually it was backwards for me.I look at my life while it was filled with drugs, and then once they were taken out of the picture. My life is a heck of a lot better! And I can never see having fulfillment with them or how I ever thought I could. But my situation is not a problem. Eventually everyone learns that drugs don't help, but make things worse. Because if they truly helped the person would not have to become dependent on them for relief, they would only have to take em' for a certain amount of time, and then be free from all their sufferings forever after that.
    To say that I need drugs to have fulfillment in my life is saying that I am incapable of being anything or one outside of the drugs I take, and that is simply untrue.

3. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

i have to say that since ive been clean ( 7 1/2 months now ) my life has improved a great deal , i still have my moments when life is rather unbearable but on a general basis i havent actually planned or attempted to kill myself since being clean . sometimes i get extremely bad cravings to use , i dont think this will ever leave me as i am a recoverying addict , but the thing is , my life would go back to how it was when i was using . now i have a half decent relationship with my family ( its not perfect but nothing ever is ) and i have friends that want me to be there as a friend not someone who can supply drugs etc .

getting clean was the best thing ive ever done for myself , im not saying that its easy cos its taken me to hell and back due to withdrawls etc .But it has been worth it

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hallelujah! Thanks for sharing. :):hugtackles::yay::Leiaha:

5. sparky79

sparky79 New Member

I need to be sober. Old addict. five years sober and clean fell off the 5000 foot cliff

6. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Its a simple choice, you either use or you dont. There is no in between with substances. If you think you can use now and again then your only fooling yourself.

Ive been clean nfor almost 2 and a half years now, sure at first it was hard but you have to be honest with yourself. The addict inside you will cling on for all its worth but you have to resist.

Me personally cannot see how any drug makes life better for you. All it does is ruin everything in your life.

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Proud of you, Esther bunny. :hug:

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

The only illicit drug that I've ever tried was marajuana and only a couple of times. But the thing is, it aggrivates my allergies and my eyes get really itchy and watery and my nose starts running. Getting high isn't even an option for me. :(

9. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Drugs fuck up your life-period. If not right away eventually they will...I have never seen a functional addict or user in my 44 years living in LA nor while I was working in the rock n roll business-its a myth...damn near destroyed me

10. poison

poison Well-Known Member

if you're depressed or otherwise mentally unstable in the slightest, drugs are not for you. mind altering drugs are simply too powerful and physical drugs are simply too addictive.

but honestly, i think most drugs, when used responsibly and at the right time, are pretty harmless. i do not encourage anyone at SF to do them.

11. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

See for me, weed has always been a fascinating way for me to break down my walls and let me experience, myself or some form of subject matter. After the fun parts were done and I kept using it Ive tried to make sure that I can think as clearly stoned as I can sober. It's something I enjoy dabbling because I can learn alot about myself, and also learn how to manipulate myself to boil it down to the simplest term. It's still dodgy and mentally addictive for me, but I can say no, cause I can on some level make something else to be more important than the desire to go back to it, even when I crave it from other points of me. For me when I crave it, it's about combating the craving and believing something else to be more important. Annd that's why I've not done anything else higher than shrooms. I know the rest would cripple me before I ever was able to make it less important. I know I would still get back from it, but I do not want to be crippled by those harsh drugs out there.

12. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

I started out using weed , as u meantioned it broke down the walls for me too , please Know that not everyone is an addict , i know that but speaking from personal experince weed is a gate way drug which means that it can and most likely will lead you onto harder drugs.
    Having an addiction to drugs or anything as a matter of fact isnt pleasant , the only way u can cease the addiction is by total abstance , for me this means ill never be able to have any drug or even a drink ever again . why , purely because it will lead me back down the road of addiction where i have worked so hard to get away from .
    I am only talking from personal experince and i do not judge others who choose to use , in the end its personal choice .
    if u have any questions or would like more info feel free to PM me id gladly help :)

13. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Hmmm i guess i started on weed but thought it was shit so went onto other things. Never really smoked weed as ive never really got it. Different things for different people i guess. I went onto heroin more or less straight away. You see most people will say that the reason they use it is to stop thinking of the past. Me personally think thats a cop out. I used it because i loved the buzz off it. Simple really. Yeah ive had a shit life, but so have other people so i cant see how i can justify my drug use due to my circumstances, because when you stop using all the underlying shit is still their, as you find out when you goto jail and have to detox. What made me get myself clean was i wasnt enjoying the lifestyle of being homeless and regarded as the scum of society. But no matter what anyone says to you, you wont believe it until you experience being homeless and sleeping rough for yourself, then you will truly understand what it is to be hated.

14. thrillseeker

thrillseeker Active Member

I've been on meds off and on for about 3-4 months now. First I started with Cipralex (20mg) which felt more like speed if anything, and then later to Remeron (30mg). These experiences have been the worst in my life, and I'm on either day 6 or 7 without taking my Remeron. I haven't been sleeping, but overall, I feel more alive and like my past self. Luckily I am not clinically depressed (well that's the current DX), so I think I should be fine.

15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't know about that. Doctors encourage people with depression to take drugs, the only difference is a prescription. If I find that something works better for me, shouldn't I have the choice on whether or not to use it?

At this point in my life, I have been so hopelessly depressed for so long, and since no other medications or therapies have worked, I don't mind using drugs for temporary fixes.

Using non-prescribed drugs recreationally is never a good idea in the long term. And not just because of the adverse affects on your health, although that's part of it. But more because, if you rely on a non-prescribed drug daily for your well being, you will start building up a tolerance, and eventually it will get too expensive, you won't find it, something like that etc. and then you're going to become even more depressed and suicidal. For that reason alone long-term, it's a terrible idea.

For someone who is mentally unstable though, I'm sure they have a much greater risk of becoming addicted, so that's why I'm still unsure how I feel about it.

16. steveoh

steveoh Active Member

yea its hard especially if you have friends who you do it with, always have no regrets, yes drugs are amazing, everything in life is a drug, accept these drugs give you joy on top of other joy, the only way to really stop, is maybe doing them once and a while so you dont become addicted, find new hobbies, workout, and most important find a companion, its hard i understand completely what your saying and wish i can do drugs everyday, but i know in this world, its not possible, unless you start a new life with tribes who live in the woods and live off the woods and dont have any worries.

17. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Ill tell you what Im thinking. Im stoned, and feeling more alive, aswell as stretched and strained than I ever have before. I suppose Im playing a dodgy game. Not sure why Im posting here. Maybe I need to let myself know how far Im spiraling away from certain parts of me. And that gives me a chance to let go of alot of things, and to reform and accept alot of newer core aspects to replace the ones im looking at and decieded to losen my personal connection with.
    It's scary what you can rationalise. But I suppose that fear is a necessary part when you walk down a road with drugs. Keeps you... aware. The last thing anyone wants is their understandings and awarenesses to fade away. That's the worst when you don't even realize they are fading away.
    That's part of my game I suppose.
    Just needed to vent I think x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.