The day he left...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Cecile, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Cecile

Cecile New Member

Hello evryone,

I'm new on this forum, I find it really great. I'm French and I don't think we have anything like that in France. And I find it cool to tell my story in English, it may sounds better :rolleyes:

So, I'm 22 years old, I had some good friends when I was a child, some of them betrayed me and year after year it became really difficult to me to trust someone. And I had never had a boyfriend, well appart a little lovestory when I was 8 years old, but I don't think it really counts :laugh:
    And one day, I met him. He was nice, he was good looking, he was the best guy I ever met. I felt in love, I did everything I could to attract his attention on me, and I don't know why, it worked and we dated.
    It was nice, I never thought it could be so great to be with a guy. For the first time of my life, I had someone to care about, someone to whom I could think. I really loved him, with all the tederness I had and all my patience.
    But of course, something was going wrong. My boyfriend had planed for a long time to go to the United States, at the University of Arizona to pursue his studies. He has almost always be honest with me and told me that it was impossible to continue our love story when he would be in Arizona.
    But I believed so hard...

And then it came, the day he left me.
    It was a few weeks before he was living France to go to Arizona. I was moving in another city of France, and we wouldn't see anymore.
    And he told me "I think we have to stop". And everything stoped. Many months later I saw this South Park series where Stan's girlfriend leaves him and he says that he had always thought it was stupid to think about "broken hearts", but that he now believed it wasn't. And it is exactly that.
    It's like everything has been broken this day.

It has been more than one year and a half now.
    I know he survived, he had a great time in Arizona. He came back to France and now he is searching for a job, and I did what I could to help him.
    Because somewhere I know I still love him.

We are living in two different cities, but it would take us less than one hour to see us. And now, I can't live anymore with him so near and us nomore together.
    I just want everything to stop, because it hurts so much. I never wanted to stop everything so bad.

Well, I don't know if it is the right place to tell this kind of stories, but if someone has an advice, or could give me good reasons to don't stop everything, it would be great.
    I think, I would like to survive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  2. Drifter

Drifter Well-Known Member

I know It's hard to be so close to someone but yet not able to be with them (believe me I know), and it is one of the hardest things. I still think about a girl from a few yrs. back and we were in the same predicament... things like that just happens, life brought us to different places and different lives. she got her own life and I did mine(I still miss her) but you just have to let them go and let them have their own life. Its very hard but soon you'll be given more options and opprtunities it may even require you to leave. If you cant be together just wish him the best and that he's happy (that really matters) and then go and do your own thing...your own life

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

coucou cecile :)

moi aussi je suis francaise :) bienvenue sur le forum!
    je me suis reconnue bcp dans ton post, on peut parler si tu veux.
    bisous et courage
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Ah, pauvre Cecile. Je suis desole que vous etes si malheureuse. L'amour peut couper comme un couteau. Mais vous etes une femme intelligente et forte et vous pouvez aimez un autre dans le futur. Avez-vous lui parlez du profondite de vos sentiments? Peut etre il se sent comme toi? Si non, il est possible, non, probable, non, certain que vous serai hereuse. Ca fait longtemps peut-etre, mais c'est evident que vous voulez vivre. PM moi si vous voulez en parlez. Je sais ques c'est difficile pour vous maintenant, mais ca va devenir meilleur. Ayez confiance. Courage!
  5. :eek:hmy: SF has adopted the French language to go along with the english language on this site. Whoa! Unfortunately, I don't understand the French language, so I have no idea what has been said in the previous few posts in this thread.