The day I decided "Fuck people who say I can't. I'll prove them wrong!" Was the day I found strength

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Brandon Kwon, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Brandon Kwon

Brandon Kwon Banned Member

Throughout my whole life I've had people tell me "You can't do this." "You can't do that." "You won't get this if you don't do this." "You'll never accomplish this" And one of the more recent times was talking about going out and attempting to date. I had guys tell me "Dating is expensive you know. If you have no money you're never gonna get a girlfriend, sorry m8."

I freaked out. I panicked. I broke down mentally and emotionally. I considered murder, robbing banks, anything that would get me what I wanted. But in all that chaos, a voice inside me shouted "STOP!" And all went silent. That voice said to me "Fuck them. Fuck what anyone tells you you can and can not do. You know what would be great? Prove them wrong because they ARE wrong." And as I thought about it more and more, I felt less and less inclined to be depressed. I felt strong and confident unlike anything I had felt before.

They are wrong, to a degree. Sure, maybe some women out there may want fancy expensive dates. But not all. I'm sure I can find a girl who is more interested in dating me for me instead of monetary value. In fact, I've MET women who were dating guys for who they were not for fancy dates and shit. And ladies, speaking as a man who is more interested in a woman's personality than looks, we do exist. This story can easily be you. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. The day you stop and go "You know what? Fuck them. I'll prove them wrong." Is the day you will discover strength. No matter who you are.

You might think "Well what if you can't prove them wrong?" You will, eventually. Keep telling yourself you will. I am. And, in the words of the video game "Undertale": "It fills me with determination." Because it does. I feel determined. If I get rejected, eh, fuck it, I'll move on till I prove I can do this.

It may not work for everyone. But for me, I found that you just have to force yourself to stop letting people tell you what you can and can not do, tell those people that tell you "you can't" or "you won't", I will quote one last time here, from the song "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine. Tell them "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!" Because only YOU can tell you what you can and can't do with your life. NO ONE knows YOU better than YOU! Remember that, repeat that to yourself ad nausium. I have found strength in this and I hope you will too.

2. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Speaking in general terms, not just about dating, maybe this is good motivation. Some people say you don't have anything to prove to anyone and maybe that is sort of true but then what is one living for? Maybe proving people wrong provides a good challenge. Because I'm finding motivation lacking strictly from within. Thanks for your post.

StellaAnne and Brandon Kwon like this.
  3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Go on then mate. This is the right mentality to have.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The best way to prove someone wrong is with actions. You don't have to throw it in their face or even tell them, but as long as you do it and prove to yourself that you are better than what they say you are that is all that matters. You owe it to yourself to do the best you can, forget about where others see you, it's your journey, not theirs.

Brandon Kwon and Freya like this.
  4. Brandon Kwon

Brandon Kwon Banned Member

Agreed. I never condone throwing it in their faces. Just prove it to yourself. And if you see those people, don't throw it in their face. Just let them see you succeeded with what they said you couldn't.

Cicada 3301 likes this.