the day I grew up is today

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, May 1, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

On this day- 16 years ago, I went from being a kid to a fulltime babysitter.
    My little brother was born and it changed the lives of everyone in my family-- for the best, I think.
    Although I developed high stress as a 7 year old child and was always too busy looking after little brother to go outside and play, I became mature and much better at doing things like cooking and cleaning- I became much more sensitive and caring to the people around me.
    Although I had gone through alot and never had a father, and mom was always working and struggling to make 'ends meet'- I was more grown up at 10 than any other kid my age.

Being a part-time mom to my brother and working 3 jobs while going to school wasn't easy but I learned alot. I built alot of character and became the person I am today.
    I don't really know myself- who I am anymore... but I know that whoever I am; I wouldn't be the 'me' I am today if my brother wasn't born.

So, happy birthday little brother... and please please just become a good person. That is all that I could hope for after all of these years. Become a good and happy person- no matter what! - unlike me.
  2. kyle88

kyle88 Well-Known Member

You sound like an awesome sister!
  3. minime

minime Well-Known Member

Wow, Vanessa, you are a really wonderful and loving person. It is great to see such a loving and giving and selfless sister. Your brother is so fortunate to have you in his life. You sound very mature for your age and if I were your Mom I would be sooooo incredibly proud of you. Well, I am proud of you! There are very few selfless people in this world and I am happy that you are one of the blessed few.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your brother is very proud of you and loves you too. I am sure you both look after each other even little bros can take care of big sisters in their own way.
    You grew up fast like me so now it is time to do things for you okay try show your brother how to be happy You have already shown him how to good
    Time to find you try things out see what you like now what your interest are show him you do matter . He wants you happy see you happy and caring for you will help him understand that one has to always look after self as well.
    good lesson don't you think He will see his big sister taking care of herself and doing things that make her happy and he will follow in suite take care
  5. minime

minime Well-Known Member

That is great advice from violet! Because you are the one who takes care of him, you are actually modeling for him. If you take care of yourself and show that you deserve to be happy, he will believe that it is necessary for him to take care of himself and he deserves to be happy. That is great insight, violet.
  6. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

You seem like a great person and I think anybody would be lucky to be like you... I could never do what you did...Three jobs and school. Ugh! You should be proud of yourself. =)))