the day my world left me

Joyie

Hey guys. It’s been a very tough day today. I don’t really know how to put this in any other way but today my dad passed away. My sweet, strong, resilient dad left me.

He’s had an infection in his liver for a week and I haven’t seen him at all until today. When I arrived, he was already in a near death state- unresponsive. I had been asking for days to just visit him but was denied every time. When I was breaking down crying and asking my mom why I couldn’t have seen him earlier, she told me he wanted us (my younger brother and I) to visit him when he was stronger and healthier as he did not want us to see him in the state he was in.

Even until the end he wanted to be strong for us. And it’s been really hard for everyone. All my family members were there and I’ve never seen so many grown adults cry like that.

I’m supposed to graduate from high school this year... and my little brother is going into the ninth grade. I wish he could be there.

I’m sitting in my room hugging his pillow and bawling my eyes out. I don’t know how to cope with this and it’s hard to carry on with life when a huge part of it is missing.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Even until the end he wanted to be strong for us. And it’s been really hard for everyone. All my family members were there and I’ve never seen so many grown adults cry like that.
He was strong for you, now you all need to be strong for each other. Sorry for your loss, Joyie.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
So sorry to hear about your sad loss, Joyie. Knowig that it can take time for your pain and grief to soften, we'll be here to listen and support you in whatever way we can.

Hey guys. It’s been a very tough day today. I don’t really know how to put this in any other way but today my dad passed away. My sweet, strong, resilient dad left me.

He’s had an infection in his liver for a week and I haven’t seen him at all until today. When I arrived, he was already in a near death state- unresponsive. I had been asking for days to just visit him but was denied every time. When I was breaking down crying and asking my mom why I couldn’t have seen him earlier, she told me he wanted us (my younger brother and I) to visit him when he was stronger and healthier as he did not want us to see him in the state he was in.

I’m supposed to graduate from high school this year... and my little brother is going into the ninth grade. I wish he could be there.

I’m sitting in my room hugging his pillow and bawling my eyes out. I don’t know how to cope with this and it’s hard to carry on with life when a huge part of it is missing.
Dear Joyle I am so truly sorry for your loss, sweetheart. My heart goes out to you right now. Your dad sounds like a great man. Talk to your mum, your friends, teachers. Don’t bottle feelings up inside. Talk on here where folk will always listen. Take care sweetheart - you are in my heart and thoughts xxx

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I'm so sorry about your dad. To lose him while you're still so young is fucked up on a level beyond what words can describe. The pain must be unbearable. There's nothing I or anyone else can say that's gonna make much difference. It's gonna hurt like hell for a very long time. But keep your mom and your brother close. Share your pain with them and be there so they can do the same with you. And make sure to talk about him, every chance you get. In the long term, that's the only thing that's gonna help at all. I'm sorry.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I remember when I lost my dad. The pain is horrible, but it really does subside with time. Then you will be able to focus more on the happy memories.

Talk if U Want

Hey, it's very bad but you can move on and fight with it..All the best.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00