The Dichotomy of Me.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Dante, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante Well-Known Member

I am by my nature rather closed off, preferring logical analysis to feelings, but on top of that my dad, the guy who defined my image of what a man is when I grew up (as a dad usually does) could be used as a dictionary definition of stoicism, add to that my own personal code of ethics and its practically impossible for me to share my feelings or even accept help from someone, but inside I am screaming out for help, I am totally isolated and all I want or need is someone to help me, to take some of the burdens I have and help me solve them.

I have my own burdens, those of my dad, my mum, my sister, all on my shoulders, each one is pretty heavy to the point where its almost insurmountable, I am sitting here with a straight face looking a little tired but otherwise completely unmoved but inside I feel like I will explode from the pressure of all that pain pushed down into the deepest depths of me.

Im just about functioning on auto-pilot at the moment, I cant put any real effort into anything because that requires a heart and mine is in too much pain to use right now, I cant think about anything too deeply or I will have to face all this and even ignoring or avoiding it I still feel it's weight, but still there is no one I can turn to for any real help.

I just need someone here and now to help me, to take a little of this weight off my shoulders, Im 26 and I have sunken eyes and flecks of white in my beard and eyebrows which I'm sure are down to stress, nothing ever pans out for me no matter how hard I try and yet I have to carry my burdens and so many others, I just need some help.

2. SoTired

SoTired Well-Known Member

@Dante -

It can be really hard to reach out for help. No matter how bad the situation, sometimes asking for help can be the hardest thing. My father was similar. No emotion, stoic, strong and silent. I took that to mean that I should always be the same way. Help everyone, carry everyone. But that's not always sustainable.

Feel free to dump some of your burdens here. Talking can help, and we're all here to listen. Stay well.

3. All I can say is, don't let them control you. You are a free individual and they have no control over your mind. Stay away from them, break all contacts, live peacefully with things you like. And make a new life of your own