The doc put me on asendin but I need counseling to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Loco, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco

Loco Member

I saw my gp today. I must be really depresed. He didn't just prescribe antidepresents, but he refered me to a counselor to "double up" with the treatment. All this is weird for me. I feel weak, and lost for answers and I still don't have a clue why I'm depresed. Anyone know what I mean?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so good that your doc thought to establish a theraputic relationship for you...that way, your feels of being lost will be something you can talk about...please let us know how that goes
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Absolutely understand what you mean Loco - hope it goes well - drop me a PM if you ever want to talk
  4. 1234567890

1234567890 Member

if you cant wait till the therpaist then call the samaritans.
  5. Loco

Loco Member

I don't know how it's going to help when I don't know myself why I'm depresed. But I don't know what to expect from the counselor, she might give up from frustration since I don't know..... Thanks for all your replies. You've all been great.
  6. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Counselors are trained in a specific field, and can help more than just a GP.

Sometimes it takes a while and another person's insights or suggestions to unravel depression.

Keep posting, you're welcome here, and we care
  7. Loco

Loco Member

Thanks. I can't get into the chat room any more. I got banned because I drank mercury and mentioned it in there. Can anyone tell me when my ban will be lifted?
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Loco, I'm really happy to hear you reached out and sought help. You're very brave and should be proud of yourself. The reason he referred you to a counsellor is probably because the medication doesn't always work on its own, you need therapy too. I'm happy for you, :smile: I hope your treatment goes well, be sure to let us know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.