The dog I love...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Crashland, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashland

Crashland Well-Known Member now ten, rather fragile and sometimes unexplainably sad. I'm with him 24/7.
    I just feel that death is approaching. To me, to him, I don't know. He is my only good friend; the only one that keeps me from suicide.
    Oh, I am clueless.

2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes pets are all that keep us sane. Is there a way you can get another dog? Before the older one passes so you have time to fall in love with that one as well and for when the time comes for you best friend to pass that you will have a shoulder to lean on? Dogs are mans best friends, for sure.
  3. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

wow so familiar, what breed do you have? i have a jack russel that is with me 24/7 even let him sleep at my feet at night
  4. xEmmax

xEmmax Member

I can completely relate. My standard poodle Jeffery has literally kept me alive. The death of a beloved pet is a horrible but unfortunately inevitable thing. I'd agree that perhaps getting another dog would help - not to replace your older dog, just to ease the cross over and make it so that you don't feel completely alone when the older dog passes away. And you never know, sometimes bringing a in a younger dog can give older dogs a new lease of life ...Just a thought =]
    Keep strong x
  5. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

((Crash))... I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Know that I very much understand and feel your pain! My boys, Jack Bean (age 14) and Butch Aroo (age 15) are both elderly, and couldn't be more like my children if they walked upright and spoke English in full sentences. They save me every single day. Butchie has degenerative myelopathy, an incurable disease which is slowly paralyzing his hindquarters. He has survived a year past what the orginial prognosis called for, but his remaining time in this world is rapidly ticking away. We are taking it day by day, but it is very likely that we will have to end his suffering before XMas (almost certainly by NYE). Since stairs are out of the question, my partner and I take turns sleeping on the couch. He requires A LOT of care and attention, but he still has a tiny glimmer in his eye that we somehow know is an indicator that he's not quite ready to go. He also still has a very hearty appetite, which is a great sign. Please feel free to message me if you ever have questions or need advice. Of course, for medical issues, your vet will give much better advice than I, but I've become somewhat of an expert on geriatric dogs, so I will be happy to help in any way I can. Really, the best we can do for our old-mutt-babies is love the hell out of them and do our best to give them the care they need. Hang in there, Sweetie, and give your pooch a big hug for me! Sending hugs and friendship...T :console:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.