The Downward Spiral

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MrSelfDestruct, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, forum. I'm Thomas, but I prefer to be addressed by my username. I'm fifteen years old, have crew-cut brown hair (it's naturally curly, though I wish it were straight so I could grow it out), I'm six feet tall, I have brown eyes, I weigh 140 lbs, and I'm very, very skinny. I'm in the second semester of my freshman year, and my current classes are ROTC, choir, social studies, and biology. I attend a high school located in my town. I have a total of four friends and one acquaintance who may want to become my friend in the future who also attend my high school. All of the adults I talk to agree that I have a vast vocabulary, and that I'm an extremely smart kid. Several people have said that I'm "brilliant." I'm not here to brag, though; compliments actually make me feel worse about myself. I don't know why. I've been struggling with depression since the age of thirteen, though so many things have happened to me during that time, it has felt like an eternity. There is some symbolism behind my username: I use the album "The Downward Spiral" by Nine Inch Nails as an allegory for my depression, hence the name "Mr. Self Destruct". For those who haven't listened to the CD, it's the title of the first track on the album. If you haven't listened to the record, you should. It's my favorite. Nine Inch Nails is also my favorite band. The problem with my writing is that I'm just awful with conclusions, so... yeah. I hope I can get to know you all.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF i hope you reach out here and meet even more friends. I also hope hun you talk to someone in real life about how you are feeling and get some help for you
  3. shrapnel

shrapnel Member

hey, like you my name on here is symbolism, it stands for my skull. im here but i had broke my skull in half and had still managed an extra 200 and sum odd concussions, fractures and other damage that blew outward kinda like a hand grenade going off. and i too like nine inch nails, my favorite song by them is hurt or head like a hole. if you ever need some ears to hear you out just let me know. ik how it is when your the only person to talk to and your sick of your own voice.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi MrSelfDestruct, pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the suggestion on the CD, I like Nine Inch Nails so I'll be sure to check it out. Glad to have you on the site and hope to hear more from you soon.
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome mrselfdestruct.. You are older than your years sir. Good to hear from you here. Hope to hear from you some more on here.. Music is always near to me also and really keeps me a going. Will check out nine inch nails after I get the lawnmowed today

Take care, jim
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

7. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

The Downward Spiral is a masterpiece. It's pretty dark though and you kind of have to be in the right frame of mind… but the production alone is incredible.
  8. ^ Agreed. It's one of the few albums I can listen to, beginning to end, without skipping tracks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.