The dreams are back

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 7, 2008.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Not sure if this should be here or in let it all out but hey whatever.

For anyone who hasn't read my old thread about this I'll explain.

After I lost my Nan I started having these really bad dreams. Nearly everynight. In every single one of them I ended up watching her die all over again. In real life my Nan died in June 07 of lung cancer. In my dreams I never know what she dies off, but we are usually in a hospital with her, or sometimes in her house. Usually someone or something is trying to stop me from getting to her before she dies and I'm struggling to make sure I make it there, I always do.

Once I talked about these dreams they seemed to stop....hadn't had one in about 6 weeks or so.

Last night when I lay down to go to bed I was suddenly surrounded by memories. The funeral mainly but some other stuff as well.

Then when I fell asleep I had a few of the dreams. Pretty bad ones. She was dying in a hospital and things kept stopping me from getting to her. When I did make it to her they thought she had gone, I went to hug her and she whispered my name. We lay there hugging for about half an hour and she died in my arms.

I don't know if this just happened again because I was thinking about the funeral before I fell a sleep or whether it is all starting again.

I don't think I can go through all this every night again ......
  2. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Sam :hug:

I used to have bad dreams every night as well - about different things to you of course but I do know how it feels and it's awful because you have limited or no control over them. You said that last time when you talked about them that helped. Some theories say that dreams are based around the feelings that we supress, its your minds way of processing them and getting them out. So try and talk to the people you trust about it and maybe that will help.

I wish i could help more but it's realy difficult when it comes to dreams/nightmares!

Take care :smile:
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thank u for the reply.

I have (apart from posting this) kinda ignred the dream, hoping that it was a one off. if it happens again ill bore vikki by tlaking about it :laugh:
  4. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Haha I'm sure she'll be happy to listen! :smile: And even if she is bored at least you got it off your chest :laugh:

BOLIAO Guest

ever since i started taking cymbalta, i have very vivid and weird dreams which are so real to me. It's as if I'm actually living in my dream and the moment I wake up, I start trembling with fear and feel horrible.
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

No dream last night :smile:
  7. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Woo yeah! *victory dance* That's excellent to hear!
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me! :hug: I'm a good listener(at least I think I am anyway).
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks both :hug: