The effect of lonliness

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by darkrider, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

For anyone that spends most of their time by themselves (as in locked away), what effects have you noticed on yourself as a result of it?

I've become extremely paranoid, and feel worthless most of the time. Being isolated means I spend a lot of time on the computer, which makes me feel like shit. I hate the computer I honestly do.

Has it made anyone else suicidal? (Guess thats a daft question on here).
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I found out that a lot about who am I is what I do...once I got out more, and in the world, I felt much much better...took time and effort, but is worth it...J
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I try to see everything as a blessing.
    When I used to have more friends, before I graduated from high school, I was pretty much on auto-pilot. Always searching for someone or something else to save me. My isolation... brought on by 3 hospital visits which resulted in the loss of a job, which meant no money for a car, phone, etc. I have had to do some serious thinking. I have had to change my perspective on things and learn how to be ok with being alone. It's very hard.
    But I will be back out there soon. Try to get out. Wether it's volunteering, work, however you can meet people! Being isolated is really not good if it lasts a long time.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

it's made me suicidal in the past, but i was lonely because i was so terrified of people and what had happened to me.

and to your computer point- best thing that has happened in my flat was lack of internet connection. tellin' ya the machine was sucking energy from my flat and myself ! it's a new place now. :biggrin:

i do notice i force myself out when i feel like i'm being suffocated in my flat. i don't feel lonely no (desperately alone, scared and suicidal sometimes, yes)..........strange as i have no close relationships (except in my head:wink:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.